Why I am a Big Fan of Fractal Audio ...

It’s called “continuous improvements” :)

... it can be viewed as a cyclic function; not necesarily linearly.

Using this logic, you also should hold off from buying a smart phone, ipad, tablet, digital mixer, cable box, laptop, PC, Mac, or any digital device that has an OS
Last time I took my *car* in for a regular maintenance, they updated its firmware. I'm dead serious. In fact it has at least three FWs I know of : the ECU, the Navi, the console/UI.

B*tching about things getting improved, either via fixes or new features is stunningly dumb. If something is broken out of the box don't buy it or return it. From there on out upgrades are gravy.

Any complex system contains bugs.
-- Lao Tzu

Last edited:
Last time I took my *car* in for a regular maintenance, they updated its firmware. I'm dead serious. In fact it has at least three FWs I know of : the ECU, the Navi, the console/UI.

B*tching about things getting improved, either via fixes or new features is stunningly dumb. If something is broken out of the box don't buy it or return it. From there on out upgrades are gravy.

Any complex system contains bugs.
-- Lao Tzu

My car updates every couple weeks on its own! Can't believe I bought an unfinshed product. /more-sarcasm

I'm a happy camper. This is my first foray into Fractal world and I was happy with the AxeIII right out of the box.
Everything else is SUPPORT imho and I have never experienced this level of support with any product I've ever bought.

Veering off topic here but in fact depending on what car you have, it may well have a dozen or more major firmwares. Automatic transmissions have a separate firmware. Bodies have a separate firmware (runs the locks and windows and stuff). Active suspensions have one. The airbag/seatbelt system has its own. Antilock brakes, traction/stability control, electronic brakeforce distribution. If you have a hybrid, or active safety features, or radar cruise, or blind spot monitoring, they just keep adding up. Include the minor modules and you can easily get over a hundred.

This is software's world, we just live in it.

Back
Top Bottom