Why Fractal users are rabid about their AxeFxs...the Tesla analogy

I found many similar points of view about Fractal customers from this assessment of Tesla customer loyalty. See Why Tesla has the most loyal customers

Make an enemy: Tesla: internal combustion engines and big automakers
Fractal: Tube amp manufacturers; Kemper

Establishing an emotional connection:
Tesla: promoting mass adoption of electric vehicles in hopes of one day solving our planet's energy problem.
Fractal: building a processor that is so good to transform the way musicians gig (e.g., Metallica in Antarctica)

Consumer reports: Tesla:reputation for quality and customer support
Fractal reputation for quality and customer support

Enjoy the article!

Interesting analogy. Whilst on the subject, a guy called at out house promoting a government run scheme to install an electric car charge point into our house as a way of 'future proofing' our home. All at the expense of the taxpayer. I declined, on the basis that, in the event the electric car becomes prevalent, who is going to produce said electricity, and how are we all going to pay for it? Surely other means of powering vehicles will be much more logical. I would like to think some form of cold fusion is the way to go.

I love the electric car idea, I really do, but I always kinda' laugh when people suggest that it's a "clean energy" idea. I think someone forgot that we get our electricity from burning coal:

coal_fired_power_plant.jpg

+100 on the "clean energy" facade. For the record, although I am a huge AxeFx fan as well as tube amps, I am not a fan of the way overpriced Tesla motors, nor any of the other Prius type cars. I'll stick to my BMW's and H2 SUT.

I love the electric car idea, I really do, but I always kinda' laugh when people suggest that it's a "clean energy" idea. I think someone forgot that we get our electricity from burning coal:

I'm glad somebody else pointed this out!

Electricity isn't generated cleanly in most cases... Although the potential is there, someday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Tesla or their products have been around long enough to test brand loyalty, and there's definitely not enough of them out there to be in any way statistically relevant.

I'm glad somebody else pointed this out!

Electricity isn't generated cleanly in most cases... Although the potential is there, someday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need safer "nukelar" energy and more efficient "soler" and wind energy. :)

The problem is with the USA. Elsewhere in the world electricity is mostly clean. Here where I live (Quebec Canada) it's hydro electricity and we have so much that we even sell it to the US.

I don't know what's up with the US and burning stuff, but they should change their ways of thinking soon. Wind, Hydro, Nuclear, Solar are all clean and safe source of energy.

The difference with electricity is that you can get it from not burning coal. There are sustainable and renewable methods for generating electricity. And in most places they're well in to converting, if not completely converted, to those methods. Hailing from Ontario for example, where it's all hydro-electric power generation and a smattering of nuclear, the Tesla end-to-end supply chain is quite earth-friendly.

There is no alternative source for oil.

There is another issue with the electric car - batteries don't last forever and they make for very toxic waste. Assuming we were to find a way to supply most/all electric cars with electricity generated through environmentally clean means we're still left with the challenge of developing clean and/or recyclable battery technology. We're not there on either front.

Enter Naked Gun 2 1/2... I like the promo spot where the the dog has 2 tails wagging, and their safety training at the 'Oil Tanker Captain Training School' LOL

I don't think many Axe users think of tubes as "the enemy". Quite a number of us here still have a variety of tube amps which we enjoy. The Axe simply allows us to enjoy those amps at home/studio and not deal with having to haul around a heavy rig, worry about repairs etc while on the road.

If anything, I got an Axe because I love my tube amps

Likewise, I don't think many see Kemper as the enemy either. Its simply a different technology, and also sounds quite good. As an added bonus, the KPA looks great on top of the Axe (Guess my favorite guitarist? lol)

The Axe is a great product in and of itself so there is really no need to bash out gear to make myself feel better about my purchase choice and the money I spent.

My community uses solar, wind, hydro electric and nuclear we do not have any coal burning plants at all here. We can make that the way of the dinosaur if more of the nations, and communities of the planet joins in.
I for one, love the Hydrogen powered car model being pioneered by Germany / BMW (as well as Honda and others) and currently being tested on the roads throughout No and So Cal. These things emit H2o as exhaust and do not use mega Kw hours for power source. Now that's some cool stuff.
Your photo is indeed disgusting and is truly accurate for electric vehicles in these dinosaur areas which continue spewing crap for us all to breath. But it is not the only way. (Disclaimer I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THE Global Warming "the sky is falling" camp) I just think that if our engineers continue with modern, open minded thinking (In the way cliff does about amplifiers and effects) that our world will benefit by other engineers with modern thinking minds who are making crap spewing power generation a thing of the past. To our modern and open minded engineering community KEEP IT UP - YOU ARE HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION - JUST FOLLOW CLIFF"S DREAM AND DO WHAT HE HAS DONE WITH AMPLIFIERS?EFFECTS TO POWER GENERATION.

Last edited:

Here we don't get our energy from burning coal. We get it by killing fishes.

if your regional geology doesn't carry coal then yeah, an alternative energy supply is needed. It is funny and sad at the same time, what people perceive as green energy. For example, in northern NSW and in QLD (here in Australia) there is a large sugar cane industry. Lately, the sugar cane mulch (waste product) has been used to burn for energy. That has been touted as 'green'.

Some idiot on the radio recently was trying to justify conventional firewood as a green home heating method.

I would be very happy with nuclear (in Australia you can be assured it would be safe), but of course there is the waste - what can you do? send it to space?

The problem is with the USA. Elsewhere in the world electricity is mostly clean. Here where I live (Quebec Canada) it's hydro electricity and we have so much that we even sell it to the US.

I don't know what's up with the US and burning stuff, but they should change their ways of thinking soon. Wind, Hydro, Nuclear, Solar are all clean and safe source of energy.

Entirely false, and even in the cases where this approaches the truth, the power generated is grossly insufficient or "nationalized" to the point of starving out the common man. There are even places in the world where it is illegal to have electricity.

Solar has potential I think. I like the idea of panels on rooftops to avoid the eyesore of solar fields. I live in TX, and we get plenty of sun to make this a reality.
Wind is a nuisance if it's anywhere near a community. Plant those things out at sea IMO.
Hydo obviously limited by terrain, but not a bad option.

The real killer of clean/renewable energy is the cost to implement such methods. Petro will stay on top until it becomes the more expensive option, and artificial (gov't) methods to increase the price have and will continue to be met with skepticism and hostility - rightfully so. Why should I pay an insane tax at the pump when Venezuela averages $0.19/gal? Same concept. IMO, the solution isn't to make coal expensive (Obama plan), but rather to make clean options cheaper. Anyone look into the cost of adding solar to your property like my idea above lately? I have. It just isn't worth the effort at this point. Maybe when the tech is more abundant.

Back to the point, have FAS users really made an enemy of KPA? Or have traditional tube guys made an enemy of us?

Back
Top Bottom