Why don't they just make some amps?

I’d dig a 1x12 with a stripped down modeller, like an amp, delay, verb, chorus, all with knobs on the front. But as we saw with Gibson Innovations, perhaps there’s a reason why companies who are the best in the world at one thing, stick to that thing. Personally I wouldn’t want Cliff’s attention on anything other than making new firmwares for me 😀

The moment you plug your modeler into a poweramp and single cab you have just made it pointless to have 300 amp models. The different cabs, speaker models etc are huge part of why those amp models sound the way they do. Just try keeping the same IR and rolling through the amp models and you will find they don't sound the same but they do exhibit a lot more similarities.

The current format is more flexible as you can choose which setup works for you. Get a poweramp and cab, get some studio monitors, get a FRFR speaker etc.

Not sure I understand the point of making an amp, when the whole point is that we’re moving away from traditional amps over in Fractalville.

I understand that ‘firing up the ol’ Axe FX’ doesn’t have anywhere near the same romance around it as ‘firing up the ol’ Plexi/Twin/Blues Jr’ will have, but to me it’s more a sign of a healthy market that there’s opportunities for both. I wouldn’t want FAS to compromise their existing products to bring something else out that doesn’t really compare to a Plexi/Twin/Blues Jr anyway.

Much better for them to keep doing their own thing and doing it as well as possible imo.

I don’t know……seems like the power amp and cab market seems pretty full. If Fractal was going to put something out, I think the best thing they could do is Cliff’s own take on a powered 1x12 FRFR, since CLRs are so hard to get.

Just a thought... when you get a Fractal unit, there are a bazillion different combinations where they can be employed. Different power amps, monitors, methods. For that reason, everyone is basically going to sound different. I'm sure they sound radically different across a monitor system vs a small combo vs a stack vs direct recording.

So why don't they also offer preconfigured amps? Stacks, half stacks, combos, etc... They could offer a quality combo or stack in varying levels of power and sizes.

Personally, I would be all over this. A ready-made Fractal system that behaves like a traditional amp. Not only that, but when someone creates a patch for, say, the 4x12 half stack, it would sound exactly the same on an identical stack. No further tweaking or aggravation would be needed.

Imagine this in your living room:

View attachment 103943
Totally agree . I would say just a powered cab is all they need that has dedicated software in the axe that is designed to work optimally with it. This would leave the Axe hardware unaffected and all existing options unaltered. This would give us amp experience and truly the ability to share patches in a way that would mean something because they would sound like they did to to person making them instead of how they are now.
I do not see any reason for not making it as I'm sure most Axe uses would buy it .

To the naysayers, if you use a transparent SS amp and FR speakers you still have ALL of the amp and cab modeling options FAS has provided. As far as silent stages go not all of them are! not to mention the bedroom players which there are quite a few here that don't want to run out and buy either a floor wedge or studio monitors to complete the rig.

A smart business has multiple streams of income coming from one location and this would potentially be another stream! Ultimately it's up to FAS and with current supply chain problems it's doubtful it would even happen but if it did I would buy one.

Keep in mind, in my above scenario, the unit can easily be unplugged from its attached power amp and run across the amp of your choice. Or a PA, or another guitar amp, or anything, really. Same with the speakers. So it really doesn't limit you at all; it just offers a good integral amp and a good cabinet with non-coloring speakers.

Keep in mind, in my above scenario, the unit can easily be unplugged from its attached power amp and run across the amp of your choice. Or a PA, or another guitar amp, or anything, really. Same with the speakers. So it really doesn't limit you at all; it just offers a good integral amp and a good cabinet with non-coloring speakers.
I'm not understanding what added value this proposal provides over the existing best of breed choices - ie Axfx and matrix+asc, clr ... - what's the added feature(s) that would attract customers away from other choices?.

Last edited:
I'm not understanding what added value this proposal provides over the existing best of breed choices - ie Axfx and matrix+asc, clr ...
For a lot of people, it won't, especially those who already own Fractal gear and have settled on their favorite power amp and monitors. For first-time Fractal buyers who want a ready-made solution, it would be ideal. Not only that, but users who already own a Fractal rig might want something more compact.

I can totally see this selling like crazy, especially if they were to offer, for example, a 30- or 40-watt combo. Remember that it can still be patched out to the amp and speakers of your preference. But if you use it live, it's one thing to carry instead of four or more in some cases.

I'm not suggesting that they stop selling their traditional products, but add this as an offering.

For a lot of people, it won't, especially those who already own Fractal gear and have settled on their favorite power amp and monitors. For first-time Fractal buyers who want a ready-made solution, it would be ideal. Not only that, but users who already own a Fractal rig might want something more compact.

I can totally see this selling like crazy, especially if they were to offer, for example, a 30- or 40-watt combo. Remember that it can still be patched out to the amp and speakers of your preference. But if you use it live, it's one thing to carry instead of four or more in some cases.

I'm not suggesting that they stop selling their traditional products, but add this as an offering.
You'll need to add another zero to your number! Clean headroom is paramount and it has been determined long ago that 2-300 watts in a SS amp is where you want to be to have good clean non distorting volume at gig levels.

I'm not understanding what added value this proposal provides over the existing best of breed choices - ie Axfx and matrix+asc, clr ... - what's the added feature(s) that would attract customers away from other choices?
Some guys pay through the nose for a really great combo amp that might do a few tones really well, A grab and go FAS combo would be a great add! What's not to understand? I mean your guitar and a combo to carry, plug in and play :cool:

You'll need to add another zero to your number! Clean headroom is paramount and it has been determined long ago that 2-300 watts in a SS amp is where you want to be to have good clean non distorting volume at gig levels.
Yeah, I could see that. I've always noticed that "tube wattage" seems a lot more potent than "solid-state wattage." My old "300 watt" Vetta head rig couldn't touch a 100-watt tube Marshall for sheer volume.

But remember, like I mentioned above, these could still be cabled out to the power amp or PA of your choice.

Yeah, I could see that. I've always noticed that "tube wattage" seems a lot more potent than "solid-state wattage." My old "300 watt" Vetta head rig couldn't touch a 100-watt tube Marshall for sheer volume.

But remember, like I mentioned above, these could still be cabled out to the power amp or PA of your choice.
Without a doubt tubes clip a lot more musically! FAS has always been about options and this would be yet one more to add to that long list.

Back
Top Bottom