Why Don't People Talk More About the FAS Amps?

I have to say, of all the stock cab IR's that came with my Axe II the Fractal 4x12 sounded pretty good too. Preferred it more with a Marshall amp block then a Marshall cab block.

If the FAS models would have been named after existing Fender, Vox, Marshall, etc. amps, I’m pretty sure they’d get more attention.

The Supertweed is quite amazing in Sickness(joining the bandwagon of bizarre forum misspellings of our beloved new firmware in the III... )..not sure how much it was Cygnified, but be forewarned, compared to any other Fender amp in the box, it is LOUD, at stock setting, making for huge amounts of headroom
and wonderful clean tones at Very low input gain settings, and potentially unpleasant surprises if Blending in parallel with another Fenderish model without some serious tweaking.

Forgot that I used to use FAS Brootalz and FAS Modern II on my AX8 a lot. Infact I preferred them over the 5153 models that they were similar to. Used to use these amps at church fundraiser concerts playing covers of all kinds of stuff from A7X, Ozzy, TSO, to Pink Floyd.

Haven't given them much of a try on the FM3 as my preference seems to have shifted toward JCM800/Plexi tones, but I may have to revisit.

Ozzy and A7X at church fundraisers? Man, the world has changed since I was a wee one!

Ozzy and A7X at church fundraisers? Man, the world has changed since I was a wee one!
no more tears, crazy train, and nightmare..... with some lyrics modified... lol

We were background music for a car show. I'd say 3 people were actually paying attention at any given time amongst the 150 or so people. So we played what we liked, and probably overlapped with the musical interest of the car show guests haha. So it worked and was fun

no more tears, crazy train, and nightmare..... with some lyrics modified... lol

We were background music for a car show. I'd say 3 people were actually paying attention at any given time amongst the 150 or so people. So we played what we liked, and probably overlapped with the musical interest of the car show guests haha. So it worked and was fun

Nice. I love that PRS in your avatar too. Is that yours?

FAS Class A is my go-to for clean tones. I mess with others, and then go back to FAS Class A and think - that was a waste of time, this sounds outstanding.

I should explore the high gain amps more, I'm sure they're killer.

The thing I love about the FAS amps is that they take very little tweaking to get me where I want them. They're all fantastic!
Does anyone know what the FAS Express is based on? I didn't see it mentioned in Yek's Book of Fractal Wisdom.

The thing I love about the FAS amps is that they take very little tweaking to get me where I want them. They're all fantastic!
Does anyone know what the FAS Express is based on? I didn't see it mentioned in Yek's Book of Fractal Wisdom.
"Based on hypothetical modifications to a Trainwreck Express."

I didn't bother looking at the FAS models until I saw Leon Todd's FAS model demo on YouTube. That got me working on my own FAS presets pretty quick. I set up a preset with amp X being FAS Class-A and Y being FAS Crunch, one with X being FAS Hot Rod and Y being FAS Brown (the Brown scene with Chorus and Delay, I tweaked until I got it super close to young Eddie and love it!), and one with X being FAS Modern I and Y being FAS Modern II. I barely touch any other presets now, I just change between my three guitars and those presets and I have pretty much every tone I need between them. I do at times venture to other popular models I love, but it's easy to gravitate back to the FAS models! I have wondered in the back of my mind how Brootalz compares to Skull Crusher.

FAS Class A is my go-to for clean tones. I mess with others, and then go back to FAS Class A and think - that was a waste of time, this sounds outstanding.

I’ve dabbled with the FAS amps but after I make a preset I usually end up playing my other presets. But this one is a keeper, really nice. FAS Class A. Best low gain model I think. Sounds good at higher gain levels too. It has replaced the AC20 in my lineup.

Because of this - which is unfortunate, but realistically the typical pathway to their recognition can't be expected to be the same as for models of iconic reference amps: folks will discover the iconic reference amp model first, and then may realize the FAS model is an improved / idealized version that can work better in many instances.

Back
Top Bottom