Why doesn't Fractal Audio want to make AX8 Mark II model like FX8 Mark II anymore?

to lqdsnddist
Do you believe that when some manufacturers stop making big cars, people trade them for smaller ones from these manufacturers? They will be forced to buy a new big car from another manufacturer. And so it is in everything. A manufacturer that stops listening to its loyal customers only risks being forced to buy new models from competitors.
but what if it's listening to the loyal customers who did want something smaller?

Not sure your analogy is correct. You're not 'forced' to do anything.

And I can guarantee that Fractal listens to it's customers. The plural in that is my point. One customer who demands that his unit be upgraded or face the loss of his business doesn't really work. Neither is the tone that seems to say that you know their business better than they do.

I don't know what FAS's plans are, but certainly for now, you'll have to be satisfied with the present offerings.

And I don't know what happened with what you're referring to as far as 'let me speak', but as long as it's cordial, and devoid of insults, we let these debates go on.

to Mark-B
You're right, of course. I don't want to whine here, I just wanted to point out to Fractal Audio management that they shouldn't forget their loyal owners of older Fractal devices and offer them a more modern full-fledged equivalent and not some minor version.

It's not really a "minor version" though, is it?..it's different version is what it is. To hear it told, it's a smaller form-factored, toss-it-into-your-gym-bag in the hope of sliding into a set when hitting a few bars on the way home kinda-thing.. It's a scalable fly-rig by design. It's just Different is all.

But the AX-blah... It just isn’t happening this trip, is all. Maybe next trip! …All in time. ..Because, unless Cliff’s snowblower breaks down again - perpetually encapsulating the poor-fella in a winter wonderland, chances are Real good he’ll get around to heading into work one of these days, with the inclination of designing and releasing other products in the future.

We can hope!

But, y'know... "They" know .. So…all in time. ;0)

Just know that this subject has been done to death ... which kinda explains the whole:

1575576154840.png

...thing. ;0)

Attachments

• 1575576099476.png
    1575576099476.png
    652.2 KB · Views: 1
OP: The switch topic has been discussed at considerable and exhaustive length in multiple threads on both the AX8 and FM3 forums.

Among other things, it became apparent that adding a two button passive switch box can cover a lot of ground.

The new FM3 model is not successor to AX8, but only its simpler younger and smaller brother. It won't help AX8 owners.

What kind of help are we AX8 owners seeking, exactly? I've clearly missed a memo here. Are you unhappy with your AX8, or just confused & confounded by the FM3? I get it, it happens.

FM3 is not a successor, correct. It's the current (but still unavailable last I'd heard - nor to be seen on the FAS website currently) floor offering that supports their latest modeling software. FM3 is it's own thing. Which comes with it's own options in terms of how many footswitches one might require. Trust me, your AX8 still sounds awesome. Mine does too. We'll get through this.

The REAL Knuckles

I'd like to read the views of others. Are we the only AX8 owner who would want a more modern version of it and don't want to go into a smaller model? No one but me would want an AX8 MarkII?

The REAL Knuckles

I'd like to read the views of others. Are we the only AX8 owner who would want a more modern version of it and don't want to go into a smaller model? No one but me would want an AX8 MarkII?
people wanting a new version of the AX8 is known already. they aren't producing that right now. maybe they'll produce one in the future. you don't have to buy the smaller model.

i don't understand the issue here. is it that it's not being made right now?

BCy2k
I don't want to change my AX8. I'm happy with her but I'd appreciate a more efficient processor. For many settings, the processor will no longer allow me to use the reverb in a larger resolution, for example. I would appreciate the possibility of transposing without the need for flooring like FXIII. I'd be happy to pay extra to upgrade the processor if I could, but I know it's obviously not possible. That's why I crave the Mark II version. : -)

ksandvik
Like I wrote. For floor pream+multifekt devices, I expect one device and not two devices on the ground. It's enough that I have a Fractal Expression pedal and so, in my case, three devices would already be on the ground.

Am I the only one who wants to stay with the AX8 concept? No one else would want an improved more powerful version instead of a small model with just three switches?

To those who write here that it is useless to want to reproduce a newer version of the old terminated model, I can answer that it is possible. A few years ago, we begged for so long, along with the other guitarists of the brilliant guitar apparatus maker Bruce Egnater, until he recreated his already finished model of four channel preampfor all those who wanted to re-produce his already finished model of four channel preamp. I made and even slightly modernized. That's what I call hearing customers' voices and feedback. Nothing is impossible. It depends only on perseverance and a number of similar requirements. :)

Some people wanted a 1u Axe III without a LCD, some wanted a 5u with a giant touch LCD, and some wanted a 3u with the size screen it comes with. Can’t be all things to all people.......

I'm not sure, I understand what the AX8 concept is? Is it 11 buttons exactly? Is it a monochrome screen? Is it very inflexible footswitches?

To me, the FM3 will be an enourmous upgrade from the AX8. Much better UI, 4 channels per block, much more flexible switches - a modular approach that allow me to attach more footswitches for those rare gis, where I need them.

If you want all the footswitches - get the FM3+FC6 - You will have much more power at your feet than you ever had with the AX8 - problem solved.

to Smittefar
Who needs a color display on stage when you're doing all the settings at home on your computer? I've written this before. One box on the ground plus an expression pedal is better than three boxes on the ground and cables in between.

BCy2k
I don't want to change my AX8. I'm happy with her but I'd appreciate a more efficient processor. For many settings, the processor will no longer allow me to use the reverb in a larger resolution, for example. I would appreciate the possibility of transposing without the need for flooring like FXIII. I'd be happy to pay extra to upgrade the processor if I could, but I know it's obviously not possible. That's why I crave the Mark II version. : -)
cool.

then simply create a thread or wish list item that says "i'd like a more powerful "mark ii" version of the AX8."

all this "versus the FM3" talk is just noise, because that's a different product that you don't want. why talk about a product you don't want?

make a wish list item and there it is. it's not like the tone of your posts is going to make FAS go "hmm, yeah let's stop production on the FM3 and immediately change gears."

the way you've phrased everything so far makes it seem like you just want to type a lot and possibly argue.

honestly, though, if Fractal could have put the Axe-Fx II more powerful CPUs in the AX8, they would have just done that from the beginning. there are hardware limitations to what can go in a small single unit with footswitches.

to Chris
So it's not Chris. No one here is gossiping about the upcoming FM3. It will certainly be great and it will be a great choice for new FAS customers. I was just responding to those people who offered me FM3 instead of AX8. I didn't mean it wrong. : -)

ksandvik
Like I wrote. For floor pream+multifekt devices, I expect one device and not two devices on the ground. It's enough that I have a Fractal Expression pedal and so, in my case, three devices would already be on the ground.
I would think FM3 + a small MIDI controller takes about same space. If I don't need MIDI controller FM3 is even smaller than AX8, which is nice.
It's just the life of a gigging musician to take equipment to a gig, no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom