Why does the mono delay have a phase reversal function?

AlbertA

Fractal Fanatic
Why does the mono delay have a phase reversal function? In some of the bank C patches is set to on and it completely cancels the delay output (i.e. no delays).

Does it even make sense to have it available in mono mode?

Don't think that's a bug but rather a feature (think 2290) ;) . Just doesn't work if you're running mono out.

Yes, it gives space to the delay when you are running in stereo, even though it is in mono mode. Like vega said, it was one of the reasons people said the 2290s delay sounded fuller, it does this as well in by default. To get the 2290 delay sound it is needed.

VegaBaby said:
Don't think that's a bug but rather a feature (think 2290) ;) . Just doesn't work if you're running mono out.

Umm no. I'm running stereo. The 2290 delay patch has the phase reversal on, but the delay is mono. There are no delays unless it's turned off or panned.

am I missing something?

AlbertA said:
Umm no. I'm running stereo. The 2290 delay patch has the phase reversal on, but the delay is mono. There are no delays unless it's turned off or panned.

am I missing something?

Are you sure you're in stereo? You should hear the delay. My guess is you're in mono.

FractalAudio said:
AlbertA said:

am I missing something?

Are you sure you're in stereo? You should hear the delay. My guess is you're in mono.

That's the first thing I checked, but I'll do it again...

Maybe I'll do a full reset of parameters....

jiagap said:
AlbertA,

Can you give me a patch #/name in the C bank that does this?

thanks

You mean the patches that have the phase reverse on? I'll have to check the numbers. The name for one of them is "2290 delay 2" or something similar.

Back
Top Bottom