Why does my Axe lock on startup sometimes?

Yep, mine does too sometimes. And far more often when connected to a power conditioner (I took it out).
Has something to do with hardware. I've learned to live with it.

Don't live with it. Contact Fractal Service for repair. Some of the early units had problems locking up. Mine did that and they took care of it. Fast service too.

I'm curious as to whether anyone has seen an improvement in this problem since 5.01 and the noise gate fix.

Dave

I saw it twice yesterday. Powered up, the screen never cleared, powered off and on again and it cleared. I have a late fall unit, so its not one of the early ones.

I thought I'd read that this was just a minor defect of sorts and there wasn't anything to be done about it.

IIRC - Cliff posted on the startup freeze/lockups some time back... when the issue first surfaced. There were some lengthy technical explanations added late in the thread(s), but the basic summary was that this can happen due to the power-up cycle of the DSP's in the hardware. IIRC - it was due to an anomaly in the Tigersharc architecture and not an Axe-II design/firmware issue.

I would still contact Support about it tho'...

I have a very early model and mine locked up on startup pretty regularly. Curiously, I don't think mine has locked up in months (though I've probably just jinxed myself).

Yep, mine does too sometimes. And far more often when connected to a power conditioner (I took it out).
Has something to do with hardware. I've learned to live with it.

yea, power conditioners cause weird things....I removed mine as well.

Back
Top Bottom