Why does FX-8 use crappy Microsoft USB drivers not the Fractal USB drivers?

scorch

Experienced
I have an Axe II and an FX-8. While using the computer and listening to music through my soundcard (ASUS Essence STX II) the FX-8 will not connect to the computer. I checked the USB driver for the FX-8 and its using the standard Microsoft driver (Win 10). I've tried to install the Fractal USB driver, Win 10 just tells me the best driver is already installed and ignores me.

If I turn off the soundcard, The FX-8 connects fine. Does the Fractal driver only connect one device at a time?

I tried turning off the Axe II and installing the Fractal driver to the FX-8 but no luck.

Anybody got any ideas?

The FX8 doesn't require a special driver. It is a class-compliant USB MIDI device. It doesn't have an audio interface nor class-compliant or proprietary USB audio drivers -so playing music shouldn't affect it at all.

Some software can "hijack" a MIDI port and not release until the software has fully exited - including Chrome. What else is running?

Also: the Fractal USB Driver is only for the Axe-Fx II and won't work with other Fractal devices.

Back
Top Bottom