Why does Fractal let Dealers out side the USA Rip users off so much ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T4d

Looking to upgrade to Axe 3 and Shocked at the local dealer price

4,023.00 AUD = 3,136.75 USD that's WAY over the top, some profit OK alittle local tax GST OK but dealers do get some discount too, but $1000+ USD more for what ?? support in Australia ?

I think it's best to ebay it USA and Pay for shipping I just do not want give any money to the local Australian rip off dealer or maybe a quad-cortex ?

4,023.00 AUD = 3,136.75 USD that's WAY over the top, some profit OK alittle local tax GST OK but dealers do get some discount too, but $1000+ USD more for what ?? support in Australia ?

I think it's best to ebay it USA and Pay for shipping I just do not want give any money to the local Australian rip off dealer or maybe a quad-cortex ?

Inform yourself:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractal-discount-in-eu.169957/

And don't insult companies who try to make a living and offer employment to people.

I really don't get, why this forum is being flooded with people complaining about prices and sort of threatening to buy the QC instead. To me, it seems like a part of Neurals marketing strategy. If that were the case, how can you stoop so low. :oops:

[EDIT]

As @yek politely and correctly pointed out, I should not insinuate, that Neural has anything to do with the plethora of these kind of posts. What remains is utter astonishment, that this subject is brought up over and over again, while the arguments are refuted time after time again. If these questions were honest interest and not stat padding, why not use the search function of the forum?

Last edited:
I really don't get, why this forum is being flooded with people complaining about prices and sort of threatening to buy the QC instead. To me, it seems like a part of Neurals marketing strategy. If that were the case, how can you stoop so low. :oops:
Marketing these days has indeed taken a lot of cues from the snarky, cancel-culture bullshit that permeates the Interwebs, and companies like FAS that , for the most part, take the high road can fall victim to these types of attacks, and you can be sure that they are aware of it.

Hi t4d,
The cost is large, but worth it. As you get more experienced in life, you gain an understanding of what it costs to stay in business, and why prices do not seem to have parity as they cross borders. im telling you that the guys selling the axe fx here in Australia, are not making heaps of money, and are not ripping you off. They offer great service, an “always on” response, and are willing to help when you’re in difficult circumstances, As you may know, in Australia, nobody wants you to stay in business, (not the government, the unions, or the local councils) and it’s therefore expensive - that cost must be borne by the customers. There’s also great difficulty with the supply chain down here - it can take months to get a unit.
The axe fx is an awesome bit of kit. If you choose to get one, and benefit from this remarkable forum, perhaps start on a different foot.
thanks
Pauly

Packaging for international shipment.
Freight.
Freight forwarder charges.
Insurance.
Import duties.
GST (calculated on total import value including all of the above).
Cost of managing compliance with all of the above.
Inventory carrying cost for the weeks that the product sits in customs.
Local dealer's margin.

Most of this is due to local government import practices and costs, and the customer ends up paying higher prices as a result. Check out what it costs to ship products into Brazil, if you want to understand restrictive import policies.

I mean, yes, it's not a 1:1 exchange rate, but we still tend to pay more for musical instruments in Australia. Just the price to pay for being in a country with a relatively small market and with dealers needing to cover shipping and import costs.

That aside, when you consider the cost of importing an AxeFx unit yourself, I suspect you'd end up paying about the same as buying from the distributor (remember you'd need to cover shipping, import duties and 10% GST), just without the ongoing local warranty support.

Take the non-sale price of the Axe FX III from the Fractal website ($2500USD), adding 5% import duty and then 10% GST on top of that, and that gives you $2887USD, or $3722AUD. Pretty darn close to the $3908AUD that Independent Music are charging for the Axe Fx III in Australia.

After all has been said regarding overseas shipping, import tax, etc, etc, it basically comes down to how badly you want one.
From what I've read on this page regarding the above taxes & fees, the price seems fair.

I will say this - you WILL get your money's worth and then some.

I believe we call it the Australia Tax when it’s applied to software that is inexplicably more expensive here.

But yeah Andrew is making noooooo money. Less than $200, and that’s before even covering his warehouse costs. Clearly the guy is not doing it for money. This has come up a few times before and it’s always the same answer. Andrew was fantastic to me during the sales process and went out of way to call me with an update. It is a time I will always remember fondly because the Axe has had a profound effect on my musical life and bought joy during a difficult time.

I think Fractal has a distributor here who loves the product and I would have been happy to pay more honestly. It’s a Fractal.

Not talking about currency exchange...

The price of a Fender Ultra strat is $2999 Aus dollars. That would be $2323 in USD
https://www.portmacguitars.com.au/fender-american-ultra-stratocaster-rosewood-finger~42013

Fender Ultra HSS strat is $3315 Aus dollars. That would be $2568 in USD
https://www.musoscorner.com.au/fender-american-ultra-stratocaster-hss-maple-fingerboard-arctic-pearl

You can buy the same Fender Ultra guitar for $1899 USD from SW:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...tocaster-ultraburst-with-rosewood-fingerboard
(which would be $2449 in Aus)

Fender HSS is $1949 USD from MF:
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pdp...e1skuL69975000005000&rNtt=ultra pearl&index=1
(which would be $2514 in Aus)

Bottom line, everything is more $$$ in Australia

Start your own distributor in Australia! You can choose to eat the cost of international shipping and support staff yourself, and then you can go lobby the US and AUS governments to eliminate trade taxes. Also you can dump trillions into the AUS economy to level out the exchange rate with USD. Super easy! Fractal is just lazy that's why they didn't do it themselves.

These threads are a fucking joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom