Why Does Cubase crash when sending MIDI Clock to Axe? But is fine w other interface?

bgrizzmayne

Inspired
Hey guys-

I posted in another thread but no one seems to have any info on this.

When trying to pass a midi clock to my Axe FX for tempo reasons via USB, my Nuendo 4 (cubase) would crash instantly.

I decided to try my other interface, the Roland Quad-Capture, and plug it's midi out into the MIDI of the axe, and BAM, it passes the clock.

This is super awesome as I figured out a work around and cubase seems stable and not having any issue doing this. But why would Nuendo crash when sending the Axe a MIDI clock, yet was fine with sending the Quad-Capture one?
Both are USB devices, and I used the exact same setup. Anyone from Fractal know why one USB interface would work, but not the Axe FX?

Ben

Hey guys-

I posted in another thread but no one seems to have any info on this.

When trying to pass a midi clock to my Axe FX for tempo reasons via USB, my Nuendo 4 (cubase) would crash instantly.

I decided to try my other interface, the Roland Quad-Capture, and plug it's midi out into the MIDI of the axe, and BAM, it passes the clock.

This is super awesome as I figured out a work around and cubase seems stable and not having any issue doing this. But why would Nuendo crash when sending the Axe a MIDI clock, yet was fine with sending the Quad-Capture one?
Both are USB devices, and I used the exact same setup. Anyone from Fractal know why one USB interface would work, but not the Axe FX?

Ben

If I understand you correctly here:
You´re connecting the computer via USB to Quad-Capture then on to the Axe via MIDI: and all works fine.
But connecting the Axe directly to your computer via USB: computer program crashes. In this case, was Axe-Edit open?

Correct. And no, no axe edit open and my MFC was not plugged in.

And the cubase crash when the axe is plugged in USB only occurs when I try to send it a midi clock. Not like cubase is crashing anytime the axe is plugged in USB, just when I try to send clock.

Back
Top Bottom