• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Why Does Cubase crash when sending MIDI Clock to Axe? But is fine w other interface?

bgrizzmayne

Inspired
Hey guys-

I posted in another thread but no one seems to have any info on this.

When trying to pass a midi clock to my Axe FX for tempo reasons via USB, my Nuendo 4 (cubase) would crash instantly.

I decided to try my other interface, the Roland Quad-Capture, and plug it's midi out into the MIDI of the axe, and BAM, it passes the clock.

This is super awesome as I figured out a work around and cubase seems stable and not having any issue doing this. But why would Nuendo crash when sending the Axe a MIDI clock, yet was fine with sending the Quad-Capture one?
Both are USB devices, and I used the exact same setup. Anyone from Fractal know why one USB interface would work, but not the Axe FX?

Ben

miketheman

Experienced
Hey guys-

I posted in another thread but no one seems to have any info on this.

When trying to pass a midi clock to my Axe FX for tempo reasons via USB, my Nuendo 4 (cubase) would crash instantly.

I decided to try my other interface, the Roland Quad-Capture, and plug it's midi out into the MIDI of the axe, and BAM, it passes the clock.

This is super awesome as I figured out a work around and cubase seems stable and not having any issue doing this. But why would Nuendo crash when sending the Axe a MIDI clock, yet was fine with sending the Quad-Capture one?
Both are USB devices, and I used the exact same setup. Anyone from Fractal know why one USB interface would work, but not the Axe FX?

Ben

If I understand you correctly here:
You´re connecting the computer via USB to Quad-Capture then on to the Axe via MIDI: and all works fine.
But connecting the Axe directly to your computer via USB: computer program crashes. In this case, was Axe-Edit open?

bgrizzmayne

Inspired
Correct. And no, no axe edit open and my MFC was not plugged in.

And the cubase crash when the axe is plugged in USB only occurs when I try to send it a midi clock. Not like cubase is crashing anytime the axe is plugged in USB, just when I try to send clock.

Top Bottom