Why does AE tie my FX Loop to Output?

zenaxe

Fractal Fanatic
I use my FX Loop send as power amp out (typically bypassed cab). When I put the FX loop along the rightmost vertical row, it seems like AE wants to automatically tie the FX Loop to the main output and so it mixes the FX Loop send with output 1's original output on the main outs this wreaks havoc with my main output which is cab emulated. I can't seem to disconnect it any other way than to move the FX Loop to a non adjacent block. This is not a feature.

IMHO the output should have connection points that have to be connected like any other object in the interface or at the very least the output of the FX Loop should never autoconnect to anything other than its send.

AE doesn't do it, that's just how it works. Even from the front panel.

Keep the FX loop block out of the last column so it doesn't connect to the Output block.

When it's in the last column you can (almost) mute the block output by setting its level to -80 dB. Or completely mute it by setting its balance & that row's layout mixer balance to opposite sides.

If your using the fxloop for send only (no return) just turn the level in the fxloop block to -80 .

Thanks for the info guys. I never use the front panel and I'm new to the II. I will mess with it.

everything described so far isn't exclusive to the front panel, so you should be able to do these things in axe edit.

but learn the front panel :)

everything described so far isn't exclusive to the front panel, so you should be able to do these things in axe edit.

but learn the front panel :)

I'll try... at least until AxeManage is rereleased.... :D I blissfully ignored the front panel of my Ultra for the most part. ;)

Back
Top Bottom