Why does AE say this after I switched to SSD.

Mr.RangoTango

Experienced
I recently switched my hdd to a ssd and now AE says this when i open the program:

"Unable to create default directory: /users........"

thanks

now I cannot install axe edit. It's very odd. After initializing the installation it comes up with this error that it encounters.

Edit: Axe edit is still on my dock and I just opened it :S

Yes okay!
I made a backup of my old HDD, Installed OS X on a usb-stick, switched to a samsung 840 evo ssd and installed firstly OS X and then afterwards opened migration assistant and chose what i wanted to back up. Maybe I should just start over and backup from my timemachine? :)

How do i delete the users without deleting OS X? :)

It's permissions guaranteed, but not the disk permissions. The migration assistant didn't make the new user as Owner.

It probably can't write the preferences either.

Try creating a new user in system preferences, admin level. Then try axe edit on that profile. Does it work?

yeah i forgot to mention that after i used migration assistant, it created a new user instead of just downloading the information to my new user. So i have basically 2 users. and yes (!) Axe edit works flawless on the other user. It's like this user from my backup is full of errors versus the new one i created after installing OS X

I currently have my external harddrive with my old computer on my air port time capsule, but i cannot open any of the files.. They're just 'aliases'

nevermind, for some reason the external harddrive cannot open documents from a time machine backup when connected to the air port.

all that sounds normal. it's permission stuff.

i never use migration. i just install stuff manually or i run into problems.

okay cool.
can you then guide on how to fix all this? I only want one user with all my files and documents, not 2 :)

thanks!

Open terminal and type in:

chmod -R 777

and then drag the problem folder next to it, and hit enter.

There is also a repair permissions option in disk utility, but it hardly ever works properly.

probably the main name in your User folder.

it might work. it'll just open everything up to anyone who can get on your local network and connect to your computer.

Back
Top Bottom