Why does a "side" Reverb block at the end of a chain, right before the output so different/great?

Yeah if they all worked the way the delay block does, having something like a chorus block at 50% mix would result in your signal level jumping up to twice as high (+6dB) every time you turned on the chorus block and dropping back down (-6dB) when you turned it off. Normal mix controls keep the overall level the same at any mix setting.

Last edited:
This is all good info. I knew the mix for delay and reverb behaved the way they do for quite a while, what I didn't know was that the gain is still reduced of the dry signal even if the effect is bypassed if you have the block set to Mute Effect In. I just went crazy for 30 min trying to find out why my two presets with the same exact amp settings were different levels. The culprit was a Plex Delay in the one preset with the mix at 30% I guess I never really noticed this before since I rarely have verb and plex mixes over 10 or so percent.

Maybe there should be two modes for the "level" and "balance" -knob, particular in delay and reverb block?
Mode1 is as now, its effects all the signal, while mode2 would effects ONLY the wet signal. Mode2 will then not effect the dry signal, at all..
Just a suggestion..

Maybe this all explains why my edge of breakup patch sounds amazing with a 50%-ish pong delay, and sounds a bit flat when I disengage it. I like the sound of the pongs better than the dry sound. I need to find a boost that does that!

Back
Top Bottom