Why do you think people are selling their AXE IIs ??

It is just gear, not religion.

People buy and sell gear. No mystery.

+1 on this. Go to Ebay and search any brand of gear. There you go. From the best and most boutique brands to the lowly "made by" cheap options, it's all for sale. I've sold some great gear, some that I still have a high opinion of... being sold doesn't necessarily mean they didn't like it.

I'm a gear junkie. If it was within my ability to hold onto each piece, and buy the next one without using the money from the sale of the previous one, my rack would look like the Edge's. Okay, not really, but. He has all those gadgets because he, as I have, found that each piece can do one thing or just a few things REALLY well or uniquely, and then it can do all the other 20 things just okay, like every other box out there. So he has a huge rack with a lot of loops, and he needs that pedal from 1985 for the 2nd chorus of their smash hit, and that's it.

The rest of us have to sell gear to buy new, many times. I have only had by Axe II for a few weeks. Due to travel schedule for work, I have not had time to tweak any new patches of my own. I think there are many amp and pedal guys that cannot figure out the AXE and sell it out of being overwhelmed Cessna pilots who find themselves behind the yoke of a 747 or a fighter jet.

That said, I also purchased a Liquid Foot 12+ because the MFC was on back order for 1-2 months. Now, that pedal can launch the Space Shuttle, and I've had much more of learning curve to understand the full potential of that device to control my whole rack, moreso than the learning curve I am having with the Axe2.

I hope to bring it all together finally, this week! (fingers crossed)

every ebay seller I've seen so far has tried to sell theirs for more than you can get one for the waiting list price. Now that the wait is pretty short, their ability of trying to catch an impatient buyer is probably going to diminish.

I think it's many different things.... The amount of money involved to get the absolute most out of it, Too many options, A little of it being hyped by the guys that can make it do what they want it to do and are happy whit that result, I saw a lot of this with the gen 1 units.

The first time Axe owners that came from tube amps are looking to get out of the ll what they didn't hear from the first gen units and also to get out of their real amps and reduce the amount of gear they have to manage. And when it doesn't come that way or as fast as they wanted it to, the discouragement sets in and it's back to the 5 knobs they know. But this isn't just for the Axe ll this applies to both generation units. The personal reasons are many and... well personal :lol. The same thing goes on in the tube amp world just different tube amps.

I can't afford to own every tube amp, effect or cab that is molded in the Axe and God knows I went through a few. I like having it all in the little 2 spaces it consumes even it it's not 100% dead on balls accurate, 1st gen or second don't care it's better then anything else out on the market right now and that's for sure.

Guitar gear - like cars, computers, sports teams, etc. - does become a religion for some people.

Very much agreed.

Does not make it hold any water as a reality though - gear is gear. Folks buy and sell gear. Attaching some stigma to owning or selling gear isn't new - Clapton moved from Gibson to Fender and many never forgave him.

It's all silly IMHO. Play what you like. If you like something, play it. If you don't like something, don't play it. If you want to buy something, buy it. If you want to sell something, sell it.

IMHO.

When I got mine almost 2 months ago, I have to admit I was overwhelmed, ready to send back. But only for the fact that the sky was the limit with this thing. I mean I was a hardcore tube man and now I not only got that sound but a million others. There hasn't been anything this good since sliced bread:)

this is why people sell their AxeFx!

youre_a_poopie_head_tshirt-p235171858880230862zvvni_400.jpg

I bet it's often 'too fancy to figure out', or/and 'not listening through good speakers'. I just went through the latter: I had some patches I thought sounded great through my headphones, and didn't sound bad through my PC speakers. Pulled out my powered PA monitors, new but not great ones, and I had to re-do a bunch of them. Canned the rest. I did also get some help from Funeral and Mark Day's patches leading up to this.

Last edited:
Yek and Scott hit it IMO.

For me, were I to sell mine, it would be a matter of where I felt my limited budget is best invested. It is not a matter of some dislike of technology, tube snobbery (I own SS stuff, and love one SS amp I have owned for over 20 years), lack of understanding, reluctance to tweak, etc. I look at what I want to express, take inventory, and then try to assemble the most comprehensive tool set I can within my budget. I see new tools, I want to try them. It is not a matter of lack of "ever being happy" or satisfied; I simply love to try new things. New tools (toys) often inspire. I do not use the Axe in front of my amps, so I do use pedals (sometimes). Amps and pedals eat at the budget.

I deleted my original post as I thought it was too negative, a reaction to some of the negativity here I suppose. I am happy with my gear, and look forward to the new soundscapes, gear, ideas, and.. music!!! I look for tools that are comfortable in my hands and head, and new materials with which to express myself. Communities for sharing and constructive critique can be so empowering, and can magnify the usefulness of tools/materials, while providing further inspiration.

Some years ago people also sold 59 LP´s, , 62 Strats , 52 Teles etc to buy an Ibanez. Now they sell Bogners and Voxes to buy an Axe- (or the other way round)--Things change.

Back
Top Bottom