Why do Europeans have to pay $3,300

Search the forum pls... this subject has been discussed before (quite recently)... its pointless to regurgitate the long explanation.

If there were two (or more) resellers in the same area, the price would automatically adjust to correct level and increase sales numbers. Probably some of the resellers have managed to get Fractal to sign exclusive reseller agreements though.

Because your customs fees are ridiculous? You guys overpay pretty drastically for everything that's not made in the EU.

Because your customs fees are ridiculous? You guys overpay pretty drastically for everything that's not made in the EU.
I don't have the exact number right now, but it's around 3% or 4% which makes it less than $100.

Free Education, Free Healthcare
If you're referring to VAT, it depends on the country but is maybe ~20% on average.

There's still $500+ per unit out there that resellers could compete with.

Because that's what the market will stand, rather than the valid costs of importing+duty+VAT+transportation.

Someone is making a killing.

Because shipping is around $100, customs I'm not sure about, that could be 4,5% (TARIC-Code 8518 40 80 91 which could be wrong, but I didn't find anything better), Tax is 19% which adds up to 23,5% onto $2.200 /1,4273 = 1.541 EUR x 1,235 = 1.903 EUR. And that's calculated from the sales price. G66 needs the 400 EUR per Axe I'm sure, pay rooms, personnel and live of it. But I'm also sure, the price they pay is not dramatically low (from my experiences trying to find a MusicMan JP, I assume some companies - not just US - sell their goods at pretty high rates in export). People just keep forgetting that all sales prices are net in the US and you have to add VAT in your state (or am I wrong at this point?). And VAT ist something between 6.5 and 8.5% from what I've seen so far in the States and it's 19% in Germany + shipping + customs.

Because the music scene sucks so bad here in the US we're trying to give you great Euro guitar players a reason to move here :p

People just keep forgetting that all sales prices are net in the US and you have to add VAT in your state (or am I wrong at this point?). And VAT ist something between 6.5 and 8.5% from what I've seen so far in the States and it's 19% in Germany + shipping + customs.

No VAT in the US, it's a sales sax which is collected if the product is shipped within the same state.
There's no sales tax in New Hampshire (where Fractal Audio is located) anyway.

Why do Europeans have to pay $3300 ?
Probably because they're willing to.
G66 has a huge waiting list for the Axe II or so I heard...

... in the US, it's a sales sax which is collected if the product is shipped within the same state.
There's no sales tax in New Hampshire (where Fractal Audio is located) anyway...

Hmm, didn't know that. So within the US if you're buying from another state there is no sales tax at all only if you're in the same state???

Hmm, didn't know that. So within the US if you're buying from another state there is no sales tax at all only if you're in the same state???

Legally, you are supposed to report the purchase and pay the sales tax along with your income tax you have to file every year. Some folks do not report the purchase and neglect to pay the state sales tax. So in practice, it is only within the actual state that the seller is responsible for collecting the sales tax. And the rate of sales tax various by state to boot; every state has a different sales tax.

As it relates to the internet, I doubt it will be to much longer be for paying a tax or VAT on an item bought on the net wether privet or retail will be just like going to the store that is doing business in that state or country. Which is the biggest problem I see with the internet. It makes the world to small if that makes any sense.

Back
Top Bottom