Why can't i get the fxloop working?

rickgk

Experienced
Hi all,

I've just received a rocktron hush super c to try out with my axe-fx but i am having trouble getting it to work.

I insert an fx loop block in the chain and have everything wired up correctly but as soon as i enable the fxloop block the sound dies and i just get a low level hiss, if i hit the bypass switch on the rocktron nothing happens still no sound, and if i unplug the rocktron still no sound, i'm stumped and the manual doesn't really explain anything. I've also tried four different cables in total, still the same problem as soon as i insert the fxloop block no sound just hiss, I must be doing something wrong but i don't know what, any ideas?

Thanks

I have no idea how to do that, I checked out the edit settings page of the fxloop and there are are send page with level 1-4 dials and balance 1-4 dials which are all set at 12oclock and a mix page with level, balance, and bypass mode knobs, I have fiddled with all of these and they seem to be doing nothing.

Input 2 knob on the Axe-FX controls the input for the effects loop block. And Output 2 knob controls the output.

Galo said:
hoss said:
Maybe you accidentally set "Copy Out 1 To Out 2" to "On" (I/O->Audio, 6th row)?

I think it`s vice versa: the manual say: "COPY OUT1 TO OUT2 - Setting this to ON will copy the data from the main outputs (Output 1) to Output 2. The copy is done before the global EQ so that you can EQ the two outputs separately.
This can be used to run one set of outputs to the FOH and the other set to on-stage monitors. If the effects loop block is in the grid then this setting is ignored."

When i understand that rigt it meens: effect loop block has priority before the COPY out1 -> out2 setting. right? I really would much prefer it vice versa: if in the global setting the copy function is allowed (yes) the fx loop loose its function. in THIS way it would be easy to change from FRFR to Guitar CAB -> just by using the global setting .... i checked it on thursday: did not work ... if effect loop is selected in the grid the copy function is automatically disabled, wether it is "on" or "off" ...

No it was me i'm an idiot, i didn't have the input & output 2 turned up, so it works but the fxloop incorporates it's own hiss that makes using a noise reduction unit a waste of time. The hiss from switching the fx loop in is louder than that of the fx-loop bypassed with no gate, weird and defeats the purpose.

rickgk said:
Hi all,

I've just received a rocktron hush super c to try out with my axe-fx but i am having trouble getting it to work.

I insert an fx loop block in the chain and have everything wired up correctly but as soon as i enable the fxloop block the sound dies and i just get a low level hiss, if i hit the bypass switch on the rocktron nothing happens still no sound, and if i unplug the rocktron still no sound, i'm stumped and the manual doesn't really explain anything. I've also tried four different cables in total, still the same problem as soon as i insert the fxloop block no sound just hiss, I must be doing something wrong but i don't know what, any ideas?

Thanks
http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... Noise_gate
do you have a need for a separate noise gate?

The super c is supposed to reduce noise when downward expanding I believe, so it's more than a simple noise gate and does something the Axe doesn't do, right?
Anyway, there's a whole discussion elsewhere about it.

Back
Top Bottom