Why aren't us EU guys getting our Axe-FX IIs?

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
First of all, I know these kind of threads generally get moved to the The Lounge, but I want people to see this. This isn't something that should get pushed aside.

I think we all want to know, why people in the US get their Axe-FX IIs way ahead of us EU guys? US guys who ordered in June have already gotten theirs, but EU folks who ordered in January/Feb March have still not gotten their Axe-FX IIs. I've been waiting in silence for a long time, but this is just too unfair to keep quiet about. I waited for well over a year for my Ultra, and now it's happening again.

I really can't see any reason for this. I can deal with delays due to parts not getting in, but to prioritize people differently because where they live is a big no-no. I think Fractal should ship all upcoming units to the EU until until the wait time is equal, no matter where the orders are from.

So Fractal, what's going on with this?

It is what it is..we dont live in a "fair world" all the talk about equality, ext, is just that..nothing more than to pacify the masses..if Fractal could keep everyone equally happy with no damage to profits, im sure they would..but they are a U,S business and will obviously prioritize U,S custom..it's a case of accept or move along..what else really needs to be said.

It is what it is..we dont live in a "fair world" all the talk about equality, ext, is just that..nothing more than to pacify the masses..if Fractal could keep everyone equally happy with no damage to profits, im sure they would..but they are a U,S business and will obviously prioritize U,S custom..it's a case of accept or move along..what else really needs to be said.

I really can't see a reason for this. I've never dealt with a US company that operates like that. To me it's just absurd and then some.

I didn't see that thread. No need for the attitude though ;) Plus, that thread has been dead for over a week. Fractal need to be reminded about this as much as possible, since they don't do anything about it. It's biggest issue for them, and yet they ignore it.

Last edited:
I don't think they're ignoring it. Whenever you see a lot of people with money to spend on your product and not enough product to provide them, it's a significan issue to track since it's $ oppotunities fading as time goes by. I'm sure they've got the hoppers going as fast they can go. THey may have been surprised by the demand.

I don't think they're ignoring it. Whenever you see a lot of people with money to spend on your product and not enough product to provide them, it's a significan issue to track since it's $ oppotunities fading as time goes by. I'm sure they've got the hoppers going as fast they can go. THey may have been surprised by the demand.

Well that's not the big problem. The big problem is that people have to wait longer, just because they live in Europe.

I really can't see a reason for this. I've never dealt with a US company that operates like that. To me it's just absurd..

Well that is the prerogative of Fractal..they will succeed or fail on the business decisions they make..imagine they followed all the "Keyboard Directors" advice and they failed..would people be as willing to pay Cliffs morgage as they are to offer business advice..

Last edited:
...You take the TUBE, the story ends, you'll get up to play the damn thing right now. You take the Ax outside us-business the only thing you'll see is a large & deep input hole :)

sorry for hijacking your line, mark! :)

Fractal doesn't need to be reminded of anything. They are WELL aware that there are brothers overseas chomping at the bit for their Axe-IIs. They are also a VERY small company, and as such, international distribution is a huge headache even under the best of circumstances. It can't be helped.

They are also a VERY small company, and as such, international distribution is a huge headache even under the best of circumstances. It can't be helped.

The sad thing is, this is simply NOT true. However there is a perception in American business that "exporting is hard" which is badly damaging the US economy.

Now for 50 years America operated as an insular economy. This isn't a criticism, just a consequence of WWII - in 1945 the US represented 30% of the entire global purchasing power, and exports didn't represent a meaningful source of income to anyone except the largest corporations. (Even then companies like GM refused to adapt their products to non-American tastes, which eventually opened the door for companies like Toyota to take global dominance.)

Times have now drastically changed, the rest of the world got richer and the US now represents less than 5% of global purchasing power. This means exports are now much more important to the US economy.

However the business culture of the US has not caught up. By this I don't just mean the businesses themselves, but also the entire network of banks, insurance companies, export handlers, etc which are needed to make exporting straightforward and viable. Smaller countries (like Australia) have to export or die, hence we are (for the time being) much better and less intimidated by it.

So saying "Exporting is hard" is poison to America. Americans make fine products, they just need to learn how to sell them in a new world. Meanwhile 9.5% of Americans are sitting around without jobs.

The sad thing is, this is simply NOT true. However there is a perception in American business that "exporting is hard" which is badly damaging the US economy.

Now for 50 years America operated as an insular economy. This isn't a criticism, just a consequence of WWII - in 1945 the US represented 30% of the entire global purchasing power, and exports didn't represent a meaningful source of income to anyone except the largest corporations. (Even then companies like GM refused to adapt their products to non-American tastes, which eventually opened the door for companies like Toyota to take global dominance.)

Times have now drastically changed, the rest of the world got richer and the US now represents less than 5% of global purchasing power. This means exports are now much more important to the US economy.

However the business culture of the US has not caught up. By this I don't just mean the businesses themselves, but also the entire network of banks, insurance companies, export handlers, etc which are needed to make exporting straightforward and viable. Smaller countries (like Australia) have to export or die, hence we are (for the time being) much better and less intimidated by it.

So saying "Exporting is hard" is poison to America. Americans make fine products, they just need to learn how to sell them in a new world. Meanwhile 9.5% of Americans are sitting around without jobs.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be better than it is; but the fact is Cliff is one guy; and the entire company is him plus a handfull of other guys; and the majority of their time is focused on production and imporvement of the product. Maybe if they hired a guy full-time whose sole purpose is to deal with logistics, then things might get better in the distibution department; but given the size of the company and how slim profit margins typically are in this kind of niche market, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Let me make it clear I'm NOT dissing Cliff here - smooth exporting involves far more than one small manufacturer.

The banks, insurers and logistics handlers have to get with the program, and they simply haven't yet. Cliff should be able to make one phone call and easily arrange for his products to go anywhere in the world, much like any Australian manufacturer can.

Well that is the prerogative of Fractal..they will succeed or fail on the business decisions they make..imagine they followed all the "Keyboard Directors" advice and they failed..would people be as willing to pay Cliffs morgage as they are to offer business advice..

Couldn't of put it better myself.

Well that's not the big problem. The big problem is that people have to wait longer, just because they live in Europe.

This has been beat to death in multiple threads. What is so confusing about a company shipping locally prior to shipping worldwide? I am waiting for headphones from a German company that are readily availabe in brick in mortar stores throughout Europe yet are not in the USA yet. They told me Nov, then Dec and now I am hearing late Jan to even March. Those bastards!!!! How can they ignore me? This just isnt fair!!!! Why do I have to wait longer than the locals in Germany? I think i should write an email and post it on thier forum and tell them how shitty their business practice and conspiricies are.

Or I can just wait till they get here and pick em up when availavble... less stressful that way. :)

Last edited:
This has been beat to death in multiple threads. What is so confusing about a company shipping locally prior to shipping worldwide? I am waiting for headphones from a German company that are readily availabe in brick in mortar stores throughout Europe yet are not in the USA yet. They told me Nov, then Dec and now I am hearing late Jan to even March. Those bastards!!!! How can they ignore me? This just isnt fair!!!! Why do I have to wait longer than the locals in Germany? I think i should write an email and post it on thier forum and tell them how shitty their business practice and conspiricies are.

Or I can just wait till they get here and pick em up when availavble... less stressful that way. :)

It's very confusing. There is little if no logic to discriminate a big part your customers. First come first serve, remember?

I think that fractal is doing as best as they can, but I think they def can do better for Europe. They are a small company, but the axe ii has changed that. Fractal is now a rocket that has just taken off, and I think they need to get things in order to move to the next step. I can see them doing a LOT of business and getting VERY popular in the next 5 years, till the other companies start to catch up.

So maybe fractal needs to hire more people, get better couriers, take bigger loans etc, but I'm sure they're doing that all now. If not, they should start. Things take time tho, but I think they will get everyone their axes soon, hang in there Europe!

Back
Top Bottom