Why are there not more Axe Fx III videos by Fractal?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I know they aren't out yet, but surprised that Fractal doesn't let Mark or Cooper do a run through and show us what it can do. New floorboard too. There are a couple short clips of Cooper, Mark, Yek and Larry. But they don't really go over it much.

There was this funny interview with Neil deGrasse Tyson where he was asked how he tolerated goofs in science fiction movies. He said he was generally okay because he understood that no one cares to be scientifically precise. However, he was appalled when he watched Titanic and realized that the sky was wrong in one of the scenes. Since the events related to that ship are well documented it’s well known when and where everything happened, and there was much buzz about how everything was carefully recreated in the movie. Yet the sky was from a totally different place, and not just that, it was two halves glued together. Imagine his indignation.

So he started stalking Cameron and nagging him about it. The first time Cameron dismissed him, saying that he has no idea, it must have been post production folks doing their post production stuff. But during one of the conversations, he looked at Tyson and said that last time he checked, the movie grossed like a billion dollars, so if the sky was right, they just wouldn’t know what to do with all that extra money that would flow in.

I guess something similar is happening here as well. :) They have a waitlist, postpone sales to overseas clients not being able to meet the demand, no wonder promo videos aren’t the highest priority now.

Other than that, the firmware could have been finalized in the last hours, and good videos take time.

I would also guess that it's a treadmill. Post a video of a Plexi, and requests for 'Now I need to hear a Fender', 'can you demo the delay?', etc. And like Van said, firmware is probably still being tweaked for operation, so any 'run throughs' might be null and void by the time it ships.

And it's not like they need to drive demand, do they?

I'm perfectly fine with FAS laser focused on getting it out the door.

Maybe there are surprises awaiting us? Or maybe there is way too many new things to cover? And of course there will be a million videos when we start receiving them.

I would definitely like more demos, and I've honestly considered grabbing a used FX II or AX 8, but I resisted. I am a complete and utter newbie, and I'd actually probably fare quite well in the long run, especially financially, if I went that route. I'm a bit of a tightwad, so it's not usually needing to have the latest and greatest that drives me. Something tells me I need to stick it out for that Axe Fx III, and I'm going to, and I don't even really know why.

It makes sense that FAS doesn't want to spend time on demo videos. But there is such a lack of details that it seems like FAS has not yet allowed the beta testers to release any details, otherwise there would likely be more info out there. Just my speculation.

This shit you guys come up with gets me laughing so , my wife starts asking ....what ?

If a beta tester posts a video , and there's no comments allowed , that ought to solve a lot of potential problems. ;)

Patience, Grasshopper. Allow things to progress in natural order. First, complete Axe FX III. Then deliver to customers. Some customers will make videos: FAS will not need to: Saves time, money, and resources: No need to hire producers, puffers, huffers, fluffers and snuffers.

IME: Video is an inadequate medium for showcasing FAS sound quality. Only the device, a guitar, good monitoring and the experience of playing it can do that.

Last edited:
Not intending criticism in any way by saying this... There's surprisingly little info out there for a product that might have shipped this past week if weather hadn't intervened.

I mean, does it really need more info than what's already on the product announce page? Is it technically superior to the II in its ability to process more 1s and 0s more fast than the II? Yup. Does it have features that people were requesting in the II for some time? Uh Huh. Does it have an impressive amount of IO that will let you do things with the unit you can't do with other devices? Yes. Will it be even better a year from now when Cliff continues to go H.A.M. on the firmware front? Almost certainly.

The math is simple:
III > II > competition
$ = worth it

I don't really think FAS needs videos to demo the product, their track record does the sales pitch for them ;)

Not intending criticism in any way by saying this... There's surprisingly little info out there for a product that might have shipped this past week if weather hadn't intervened.

Ha, I always suspected something was off with this weather thing.

Cui prodest, as they say. Now that the weather intervene they can complete what hasn’t been completed. :D

Back
Top Bottom