Why are my Delays linked?

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
Randomly my scene 1 delay mimics the settings of my scene 2. When I change one the other changes also,....help!

Attachments

• JACKSON Friedman FM3.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
Are you using different channels in the delay? Scenes only control block bypass states or which channel a block is on.

Randomly my scene 1 delay mimics the settings of my scene 2. When I change one the other changes also,....
What does that mean? How are you changing the Delay block?

Also, your preset is clipping here. The Amp levels are at least 10 dB too high.

@Rex my delay use is always the same -block one ch A is for rhythms/Scene 1
Delay block 2 is for solos/scene 2 ch A .
Randomly last night when I changed back to scene one the scene 2 (Solo) settings were present on the scene one (rhythm) delay. Then I fixed and then it saved it on the other delay.

No clipping here, did the delays behave that way for you?
I was switching back and forth between 4cm with my real and then modeling mode for my CLR and at one point the FM3 went to a screen I did not recognize, I hit home without adjusting anything, but could something have been turned on or off?

@notalemming ch A on both blocks for all scenes.

Thanks for looking!

Randomly last night when I changed back to scene one the scene 2 (Solo) settings were present on the scene one (rhythm) delay. Then I fixed and then it saved it on the other delay.

I was switching back and forth between 4cm with my real and then modeling mode for my CLR and at one point the FM3 went to a screen I did not recognize, I hit home without adjusting anything, but could something have been turned on or off?

Thanks for looking!
The delays behaved correctly for me. Is it possible that you edited Delay 2 when you thought you were editing Delay 1? Can you describe what you saw in the mystery screen?

Regarding levels, what do the VU meters read?

Last edited:

Thanks for looking!
The delays behaved correctly for me. Is it possible that you edited Delay 2 when toy thought you were editing Delay 1? Can you describe what you saw in the mystery screen?

Regarding levels, what do the VU meters read?
I think Rex is right. In scene 1 (Rhythm) you have delay block 2 active. It has a higher mix and longer delay time than delay 1, which is active in your solo scene.

Reactions: Rex
I think Rex is right. In scene 1 (Rhythm) you have delay block 2 active. It has a higher mix and longer delay time than delay 1, which is active in your solo scene.
This. I thought that was unusual, but intentional. Maybe not. ;)

@Rex so I went back tonight and the pre set is cutting off my delays no matter how long I set them for.
Try this one, they work fine. So it cannot be a global mess up. Why would that pre set go hay wire.!

Attachments

• JACKSON Studio FM3.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
@Rex so I went back tonight and the pre set is cutting off my delays no matter how long I set them for.
Try this one, they work fine. So it cannot be a global mess up. Why would that pre set go hay wire.!
"Cutting off" as in the repeats stop when you change scenes? You have the bypass mode of Delay 1 set to "Mute FX Out", that means when the block gets bypassed in another scene the repeats are muted. It should be set to "Mute FX In" like Delay 2.

As @marshall2553 pointed out, we need to know what you mean by "the preset is cutting off my delays." If his guess about what you mean is correct, then his fix will help you. You might also consider putting the delays in parallel, so when you switch to scene 2, that delay isn't adding delay to the tails of the Delay block in scene 1. (Note that in this version of your preset, you've replaced the two Delay blocks with a single delay, and you're changing channels when you change scenes. That itself is enough to prevent the delay tails from ringing out.

Yes, the last preset you posted has the Delay blocks assigned to scenes 1 and 2, and it maintains those assignments reliably. Your first preset has the
Delay blocks assigned backwards, and it keeps them backwards reliably. That's a classic symptom of editing a different block from the one you thought you were editing.

You can find the VU meters in Layout > Zoom. They're at the top of the screen when the Layout screen is zoomed out.

Back
Top Bottom