Why are FAS-Cabs/Cab-Packs only allowed to be used in the AxeFx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've bought them, I payed for them ...
I wouldn't spread them to other users as a kind of pirate copy ...
But I think, it should be my own decision to use them the way I like to do!

Am I thinking in the wrong direction?
I'm refering to this thread: #5

You bought and paid for a license to use them on Fractal gear. It’s like Nintendo games not working on a Sega console. Some companies create their IRs for use on multiple formats, some don’t. That’s all.

Also, generally speaking it’s not a good idea to open a new thread based on the topic of a closed one.

Your complaint makes zero sense...... you bought FAS branded cab packs, which are designed to work with the Axe-Fx, which they do...

Why would you expect them to be provided in formats to work with anything else ?? If you buy a set of Kemper Profiling Amp files, would you expect those to also work in an Axe or Helix ??

There are some third party IR producers who produce products for a range of different products, some of them give you all the different formats as well, but that only makes sense as they need as large of market as possible. Fractal isn't in the business of producing resources for other platforms, just for their own products.

I bought a Fuji camera lens last week. It won't fit onto any other brand camera but Fuji, but I'm not complaining I can't also attach it to my Nikon DSLR's. Fuji makes a product to use exclusively with Fuji camera's, just like FAS cab packs are made to use with FAS products.

They never claim anything but

Your thinking is in the wrong direction

You bought and paid for a license to use them on Fractal gear. It’s like Nintendo games not working on a Sega console. Some companies create their IRs for use on multiple formats, some don’t. That’s all..
Can you please show me the licence-notes?

Your complaint makes zero sense......
Sorry - thats not the question!! Many guitarist use Fender-Straps on Gibson guitars - THAT MAKES ZEOR SENSE :tearsofjoy:
"Back to Topic"

It's a sign of the good quality when other users buy these cabpacks for their competitors' devices !?
To what extent it can be used compatible, the manufacturer should not care.

Every cab pack description says something like “for use with Axe-Fx II and AX8” or something similar.

I don’t work for fractal and I’m not a sales rep, so that’s as much as I can explain that for you.

I've bought them, I payed for them ...
I wouldn't spread them to other users as a kind of pirate copy ...
But I think, it should be my own decision to use them the way I like to do!

Am I thinking in the wrong direction?
I'm refering to this thread: #5

IRs are intellectual property, not physical goods.

They are licensed to you, not sold to you. You bought the rights to use them in a specific manner. The license text is in the pack.

I don’t quite get the harsh replies... It would be cool if Fractal cab packs were available on all platforms like other IRs. IR’s aren’t inherently platform specific, so it’s a reasonable question.

It probably just isn’t worth the extra work for Fractal since 99% of buyers are Axe users.

Every cab pack description says something like “for use with Axe-Fx II and AX8” or something similar.
I´m looking for the word "only"!

They are licensed to you, not sold to you. You bought the rights to use them in a specific manner. The license text is in the pack.
First step: BUY
second step: I tell what you can do with this download ??
Full License text should be visible before purchase!

Sometimes I use a Kemper, and the KPA sounds better, when I use 3rd Party Cab-IR.
Why should not a Helix user buy and use the Fractal Ir? For a very good sound they needs the Hardware and the Amp-Sim fom Fractal.

Simple solution then chief.... only buy 3rd party IR’s that supply you with a range of formats for cross platform use. “Problem” solved.

I don’t think FAS is hurting for business, and simply doesn’t feel there is anything to be gained by having a few folks buy their cab packs for use in their Helix or what ever.

Why should FAS worry about making a KPA owner happy ?

The absurdity of this own “discussion” baffles me... its like people simply want to argue to argue, ignoring any logic and common sense.

I´m looking for the word "only"!

First step: BUY
second step: I tell what you can do with this download ??
Full License text should be visible before purchase!

Shows you didn't read!!

Second line on any cab pack on shop.fractalaudio.com, in BOLD RED LETTERS: IMPORTANT: Cab Packs require an Axe-Fx III, Axe-Fx II, AX8, or the CAB-LAB 3 plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom