Why Are drummers normally Unintelligent and Lazy?

laughyouraxeoff

Experienced
I need to understand this one, just always wondered:) "sure there are the 1%" who are not, and those guys are normally famous, or complete douches, so like .001 are worth anything, just a wonder... Seems like with guitarist there are so many good ones who are hard working, smart, just don't get why drummers have to be well Dumb and lazy for the most part haha...

I need to understand this one, just always wondered:) "sure there are the 1%" who are not, and those guys are normally famous, or complete douches, so like .001 are worth anything, just a wonder... Seems like with guitarist there are so many good ones who are hard working, smart, just don't get why drummers have to be well Dumb and lazy for the most part haha...

It's a lot harder to get into drums than guitar. There is more expense, more space consumed, more issues with practicing without the neighbors getting pissed, moving gear is a pain in the ass... All these things add up to good drummers being harder to come by, and descent guitar players being a dime a dozen.

You need to switch it on!

roland-tr808.jpg

Wow - that's quite a generalization there! I'm wondering how did you compile/compute those statistics you quoted - lol!

Last edited:
The drummer in my new band, just had a man tanty, and has just about taken the band down with him, so dont get me started on them at the moment

Their entire purpose is to hit things with a stick.

I don't expect boxers or baseball players to be the brightest bulbs in the box either, even if a few of them are.

Eddie VanHalen, Nuno Bettencourt, David Grohl are some of the many that started out on drums.

All musicians have strengths and weaknesses, but for me personally, the ego that comes with some talented people is where the big turn-off is.

Having played many, many gigs on bass guitar I get along great with drummers 8). But I have a laid back personality and, as a bassist I'm incapable of doing more than one thing at a time, at least that's what I think when I'm being a guitarist.

Now don't get me started on neurotic guitarists, egomaniac singers, OCD keyboardists, angry sound guys, or any other cliche stereotypes :mrgreen

This thread...

Drummers AT ALL are hard to find where I live. I'd take dumb and lazy just to have a real drummer on stage. Honestly, I have not met many dumb drummers, most that I've met were weirdly opinionated, and pig headed, but I would never assume all of them are this way from my limited exposure to drummers. I one met this bad ass metal drummer with the most awesome set of tits, though. She could have out-drum any drummer that came to that show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do realize that 1% in decimal form is .01, right?

Oh the irony. You call a group of people dumb and unintelligent yet you can't seem to get grade 4 math correct. .001 is 1/1000th. .01 is 1/100th, or 1%. Jesus. I don't mean to be a dick, but since you're pointing fingers and all...

Back
Top Bottom