Why all the Metal??????

I said I don't agree with the Original post and think it's not cool- in my post above. It's all music-we're , for the most part, all guitar players or bass players here- So let's not divide the axe into groups and such.
Music is music-That's what the axe is about.
It's for everyone. whatever type of music they play. I just grow weary of the digs and smart ass remarks-There is NO need. So , yes, at times I'll reply to them.

Although I know I get thru to no one. Jeeeezzzzz!

Wow, so much ignorance in this thread:roll

There can never be enough high gain amps in the Axe FX. Don't like them? Don't play them. Still waiting on the Engl Savage/Invader and Triaxis Red! Please make it so, Cliff:mrgreen

+1

We NEED the Savage and Invader!

If you're OK with yourself and your playing, then there should be no need to make someone else, or their preference in music wrong.

Jus sayin'... :encouragement:

wow this thread is still going strong....

The problem with threads like these is no matter what opinion one has, someone else will be offended.

Strong thread

Beeing 55 and running through most periods described here-and returning to original point(at least a try) I dont think that country and western players deny the Axe-They dont simply know about it

Some country&western vids like Ketil made For Rock on Ultra and posted on the favorite country websites + some specific presets may change that a bit(rather then advertising)

my 2,2 cents

Roland

Man, seeing the direction this thread has gone, maybe I should say what I feel about modern metal... but I won't sink to that level... People really shouldn't talk shit about any genre (Nickelback and Justin Bieber are fair game though of course.)

So now the axe is only really needed for metal? How ludicrous a statement. I guess your serious. You are also wrong. There is just as much diversity in sound in other genres than there are in metal-All of you guys sound like your defending Metal --It's what you like-fine-but don't go knockin other stuff .

I won't get into the lack of diversity in metal-So why do you do that with other music.

Frickin kids again-Kids does not mean your age, it's the way some act-period. What a ridiculous post. And the "old farts" comment-more ignorance and disrespect.

BTW-I didn't think the original post was cool at all. But the stupid rational, that's another story

Whoa there. He never said the axe was only necessary for metal, but that metal requires it. There's no exclusivity in that statement. What he's trying to say is that the very polished, clear, yet full sound of modern metal requires a massive amount of gear and tons of sound production knowledge/skill or an axe fx.

No other genre has evolved this way tone-wise. Most other artists are going older and more vintage in their tones, but metal has always been at the forefront of shiny new toys. Nobody in metal is looking for an original JTM-45. They want the latest and greatest Engl, Splawn, Mesa, ect... Don't get me wrong, there are guys in other genre's that are that way too, but it's the exception and not the norm. This requires a vast knowledge of post production, a deep pocket, or something like the axe fx to keep up.

The "old farts" comment was a different poster.

With all due respect-I just do not see metal as "something special". It's music, just like rock is music, or jazz is music, etc, etc. Give me a break please. I won't talk down about it, but I sure as hell know music well enough to know it's JUST ANOTHER GENRE---Period!

I mean you guys actually believe that metal is above all other music tone wise ???? Vocal wise????? Why can't you just enjoy what you like-instead of trying to make it something special above all other music-? That is what your saying and others have said here.

And I knew the old farts comment was another poster. Passion for the music one loves is great- Placing it on a pedestal above all other music is ridiculous. This thread has gone off the deep end and it's getting really deep.
Bye!

With all due respect-I just do not see metal as "something special". It's music, just like rock is music, or jazz is music, etc, etc. Give me a break please. I won't talk down about it, but I sure as hell know music well enough to know it's JUST ANOTHER GENRE---Period!

I mean you guys actually believe that metal is above all other music tone wise ???? Vocal wise????? Why can't you just enjoy what you like-instead of trying to make it something special above all other music-? That is what your saying and others have said here.

And I knew the old farts comment was another poster. Passion for the music one loves is great- Placing it on a pedestal above all other music is ridiculous. This thread has gone off the deep end and it's getting really deep.
Bye!

Maybe I'm missing whatever you're talking about here, but I don't think anyone is really sincerely saying that here. Comments have been made concerning metal being special in regards to its needs from gear, and there's some truth to it, but that doesn't mean metal "has better tone" or is "better" in any other way.

This thread is getting a bit heated, though. I think we all need to have a few beers and sing along to Freebird together.

My first reply on this topic going to be: Why all the butt hurt? I think that the question applies to a whole bunch of people in this thread.

I sometimes imagine that a few millennia from now that internet records will be scoured through by archeologists. They will sit back and say "These people seem to be obsessed with cats, parody videos of archaic bar music, and malicious arguing and name calling. Good heavens it is so amazing that we managed to evolve from THAT state of being."

Morning Djentlemen!

I was flicking through the tv channels last night and started watching some kind of DJ rap stuff from T-in-the park festival and I thought to myself, blimey this is an awful racket, even worse than that thrash metal death core stuff. I finished my cup of warm milk (no sugar) and went to bed a very happy man content in the knowledge that I am completely out of touch with music of da youth.

Carry on :)

Back
Top Bottom