Who's your go to Fractal guru?

Leon Todd. Cooper Carter.

This is the way.

As has also been said, the forum is an amazing fountain of knowledge. No matter how oddly specific the issue is, someone will know. I remember at about 2130 UK time on a Sunday night I was having issues getting software modellers to work with my Mac using the AF3 as audio interface. Within minutes @iaresee had replied, and kept replying until I got it sorted.

Impressive........ Most impressive.

There are many kind folks on the forum that will walk several miles to help others.

Most if not all the legends have been named here already and my hat is off to all of them.

I’ve been here for almost 12 years and there’re a few people that have consistently provided great guidance. Some are only occasionally showing up, others have left because of other adventures (remember guitardojo?).

Apart for the extremely occasional and mostly not tolerated bully, the forum itself has a membership that is inclusive, interested, helpful and insightful.

And though the genius behind it all is the source of all we enjoy here, the forum community has helped shape the best damn guitar tool ever made on this planet.

So my guru is the collective support from the community and I thank you all.

That being said. The most helpful and well-intentioned person here is @Admin M@.
I’ve had the pleasure of collaborating with him on and outside the forum and he’s a cut above.

We’re lucky he’s willing to spend so much time and dedication here.

Too many to pick just one. Kind of like who is my favorite guitar player-I don't have just ONE! For Youtube Leon and cooper but don't forget a guy named @chris (7/8 time signature avatar) He kind of started this I'll help you for free stuff, with tutorials and such. (like Leon is also free) Most of coopers stuff is free also. I learned an awful lot from chris when I first started.
Just believe he deserves a big shout out also - for us early adopters for sure!
And yes, @Admin M@ , guy is super helpful here.
I know you specified youtube but your underlying request is about HELP! :)

My main Fractal guru is @Admin M@

If Matt doesn’t know, then only Cliff does!

But this whole community is fantastic - amazing minds here to help us all get what we need out of our machines.

Importantly, do NOT overlook a worthy guru in @yek, whose regular contributions to this forum, the incredible WIKI, plus his amp and drive guides are invaluable.

Below: Matt makes the smallest Fractal unit available! 😂
7F3F1C2D-F460-4946-A2F2-5214DA2D7C75.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey there... new to the forum.

I got an FM9 earlier this year and decided to sell it. BUT, I got an AxeFX III instead. Should be here this week. I'm not completely new to the Fractal world, but not that versed either. Just a very elementary understanding.

Question:
What YouTubers out there seem to have the best understanding and instruction on setting up presets etc? Who are your favorite creators that really know this product well?

Wana get good advice. Yes, I read the manual. Yes I read the forums too :)
“I got an FM9 and decided to sell it”

GASP!

“But I got an AxeFx III instead”

MY MAN!

Lucas Lecompte runs the AxeFx subreddit and seems to know his stuff. Leon Todd has some great stuff too.

It would be awesome if Cliff and co were to do a video series discussing the many different features of FAS products and how to get the most out of them. These would carry a ton of weight since the content is coming from the horse's mouth
All mentioned here are indeed worthy of checking out for tips and understanding wtf you’re doing.

Now, having the master Cliff himself doing a video series... THAT would be awesome.
Whether or not he wants to, or has the time... only he can say.
But, I would be willing to bet that most everyone here would be watching and listening to his wealth of knowledge if he were to do it. I know I’d be checking for notifications of his posts.

All mentioned here are indeed worthy of checking out for tips and understanding wtf you’re doing.

Now, having the master Cliff himself doing a video series... THAT would be awesome.
Whether or not he wants to, or has the time... only he can say.
But, I would be willing to bet that most everyone here would be watching and listening to his wealth of knowledge if he were to do it. I know I’d be checking for notifications of his posts.
Absolutely! It would be amazing but like you said, he'd have to want to do it and then find the time. I get the impression the FAS team is pretty busy all the time.
Cliff's segments could be called "Chase Lounge" LOL

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Got my Axe FX III set up yesterday. Of COURSE I'm reading the manual and Of COURSE I'm reading the the forums. It's nice to be able to look at some of these concepts in multiple ways. No one learns just one way :) Lot's of cool techniques out there.

The reason I asked about YouTube specifically is that there are plenty of people out there giving advice and when a person is not so versed on the material, it's easy to get bad information.

Back
Top Bottom