Who's playing through Mesa cabs?

I have a pair each of vertical and horizontal Rectifier 2x12s, loaded with Celestion Century Vintage (the neo version of the Vintage 30) speakers. I think Mesa is pretty much the best deal going in terms of build quality versus price (especially used) in cab-land; a little more money than Marshall but definitely better-made (and I like Marshall).

I really prefer guitar cabs onstage and in rehearsal (I don't really need to cop tones to the nth degree in these settings).

Last edited:
I played through 2 Mesa 1x12 Thiele design road ready cabs loaded with EVM12L for years, I used it with a 50/50, 2:90 and later with Matrix GT1000, all sounds great.
Eventually after many other cabs tests I ended up with 2 Matrix NL212, for me it sounds much better, open / big.

I played through 2 Mesa 1x12 Thiele design road ready cabs loaded with EVM12L for years

I had a couple of those in my pre-Fractal days; I could never really get them to work as guitar cabinets but they were absolutely fantastic for bass.

That:

nkziyb7lmi2drjczq8fy.jpg

So, did you get both the NL12´s and the Mesa 2x12??

I actually returned the NL12s. At this point I have a pair of Mesa 2x12 horizontal recto cabs powered by the GT1000FX; it's a pretty awesome rig. I'm not really using it at all though. :-/

I ended up building a more traditional rig around the Mark 5:25 with a 1x12 recto slant cab, the GigRig G2, and some pedals. Just playing/practicing at home so take it FWIW, but I haven't touched my Axe FX2 in months. I still love the Axe though. :)

Fired up the AxeFX for the first time in a few months. Installed Quantum 5, fired up a couple of factory presets. At first ran through just my Yamaha HS7s and it sounded great. Then added an FX Loop to those presets. And played with both the HS7s and through my Mesa cabs.

I LOL'd. Apparently I'd forgotten just how amazing the AxeFX is. The unit is phenomenal.

Back
Top Bottom