Who's Planning To "Eventually" Move Up To The III?

I was not going to as the sound is great as it is, but I think I will actually use some of the increased other functionality of the new hardware.
I am thinking the waiting list might be into April before my name comes up.

Love my AX8, but am on the list and intend to get the III when my name comes up. It'll be my most expensive guitar related purchase to date and will mean selling my AX8 and possibly a guitar, but that's fine as I only use a handful of the ones I have anyway, whereas the AxeFX will be used every time I play.

As others have said I know I'll be buying into something that will be continuously refined and the main platform for the foreseeable future.

I'm not expecting night and day comparisons with the amp modelling as to my ears it's already so good nobody would appreciate any differences in a band mix anyway, I do like to use effects though and am looking forward to being able to throw everything plus the kitchen sink into a preset without ever running out of CPU.

The ability to plug in headphones without a separate mixer will be handy too.

I barely ever tweak my AX8 once I'm with the band, so not being a floor unit doesn't bother me - the FC should easily fit on my existing board, so all it will mean is a small flight case perched on my cab - and in the event I need to tweak - a couple of paces to the cab rather than bending down.

I'm up for the III. I'm still playing my Ultra, I came close many times but never bought a II. I'll wait until the initial feeding frenzy tapers off and enough units get in the wild to make sure there aren't any sneaky HW problems that didn't get caught in testing. I'd bet the III has been tested far more thoroughly than most new electronics, but I'm a cautious guy, and my Ultra has gotten me this far, it'll get me by another few months.

I'm selling a kidney and my first born to get one - and will keep my FX8 for 'amp' gigs, but will sell my Axe Fx II to fund the III

Definitely getting the III. I have an XL/MFC combo and AX8. Mainly use the AX8 because of convenience. However, there are definitely times where I wish I had the power of the XL with me. I love the AX8's dynamic footswitches and I wish the XL had something like this. I'm glad they went with a proprietary implementation with the new FC controllers so we aren't being held back by the limitations of MIDI.

I'm in...and annoyed I have to wait and wonder how far from release day it will be as planning to swap rigs between gigs is annoying.

I'm on the waitlist, but I'll probably pass. It would be cool to have a new toy, but I only use 20% of the power of my XL+ as it is. If there is some sort of paradigm-shift that happens in the Axe III, that might get me to move. But it's not enough of a difference for me at this point.

Austin

Since I was asleep at the wheel on that fateful Monday, aint no telling how long the wait will be!!
Do I NEED it? No. Do I WANT it, and all that beautiful CPU headroom? HELL YES!!! SIGN ME UP!!:D

I'm up for the III. I'm still playing my Ultra, I came close many times but never bought a II. I'll wait until the initial feeding frenzy tapers off and enough units get in the wild to make sure there aren't any sneaky HW problems that didn't get caught in testing. I'd bet the III has been tested far more thoroughly than most new electronics, but I'm a cautious guy, and my Ultra has gotten me this far, it'll get me by another few months.

Your patience is second to none. LOL!

I'll probably get one eventually. I'd like to get one right now, but I can't justify the price of an axe 3 plus new foot controller for what I actually use it for. For live sound I use a tube power amp and pre amp and just use the axe fx 2 for fx only. I only use the amp and cab modeling when recording. Even then, sometimes I like to record my real amps.

It would be nice to try out all the new delays, extra I/O, and build huge presets without running out of CPU. But it's not a necessity for me.

I'm in. I'm still absolutely thrilled with my II and don't feel any need to upgrade but I really really want to because ... HOLY CRAP HAVE YOU SEEN THIS THING?!

Well that and because I want to continue to support one of the most dedicated vendors and best customer service organizations I've encountered. Thanks to everyone at Fractal for the past few glorious years with the II, looking forward to many more with the III.

Unfortunately, at $3,500+ CDN, highly unlikely. At least not for the foreseeable future.
+1 - I'm on the wait list but the math is scaring me:

2500$US for AxeIII + 700$US (probably) for FC12 + 100$US shipping = 3300 US + 850$CDN for US/CDN Exchange = 4150 CDN + 6% Duty = 4400 CDN + 13% Sales Tax = $5000. Selling my AxeII mk1/MFC mk1 (lets say for 1700$ CDN).

So a whopping $3300 CDN to upgrade from AxeII mk1 rig to Axe III - Lordy! - I'm having palpitations.

I do think its worth it given my experience with my AxeFx Ultra and II, however, it's still a lot of dough for me throw down for an upgrade.

I'll buy in eventually. Mostly for the firmware ride. It's always a blast.

My II sounds so good, that I can barely imagine an improvement. My Ultra has several sounds that are just killer by any measure.

I’m in! I will use my II as a backup since I sold all my giging amps to buy it. Always made me a little nervous not having a spare even though I have never had a major malfunction with it live. Plus I Love new tech!

I'll get one. But not sure when. On waiting list and I usually just pull the trigger on the latest and greatest. I upgrade my Iphone every year just because. Do I need the III? No. But it;s too cool to not get! I figure I could get $1700 for my IIXL and $400 for my MFC101 mkIII. So depending on the new 12 buttom floorboard, I should be out maybe $900 with the sale of old stuff.

Back
Top Bottom