Who's Planning To "Eventually" Move Up To The III?

Warrior

Power User
I just can't fathom the thought of not experiencing this awesome machine. With all of the other gear expenditures I've made recently I just can't swing bridging the gap between what I would get from selling my Axe-Fx II MkI and MFC-101 so I could get the Axe-Fx III and FC-12...... But I KNOW I will be making plans to do it ASAP.

Most likely sometime this summer (if I can wait that long).

So what's the ETA for the Axe-III anyway?

I know artists will get it first. So, I'm not getting mine before Petrucci gets his. I'd advise keeping your Axe II until you're III is settled in your studio.

As much as I would like to have one, as a retiree, It may be beyond my resources. This may sound like sacrilege but I am really happy with the sounds I get from my Axe and my AX8. Maybe FAS will offer an old dork discount like Denny's does. I have reached the metallic age. Gold in my teeth, silver in my hair, but no lead in the pencil.

I know artists will get it first. So, I'm not getting mine before Petrucci gets his. I'd advise keeping your Axe II until you're III is settled in your studio.

I saw a picture, on the forum, of Petrucci with an Axe III. Wasn't that his?

Unfortunately, I can't see a path of disposable income to what will probably be $3,500 for the Axe-III and the FC-12. I only use the coin I make from income streams outside of my day job for large equipment purchases. Unless I sell one of my guitars...... not sure I want to do that.

As much as I would like to have one, as a retiree, It may be beyond my resources. This may sound like sacrilege but I am really happy with the sounds I get from my Axe and my AX8. Maybe FAS will offer an old dork discount like Denny's does. I have reached the metallic age. Gold in my teeth, silver in my hair, but no lead in the pencil.

May be time to give some guitar lessons. I like the old dork discount idea! Praying I can keep the lead in my pencil for a while longer. I've certainly met the other to metallic age requirements..... except silver in my teeth - no gold.

Already sold the II, but here in europe the axe-fx III is very expensive. don´t know if I can aford it. I'm hoping for a floor based unit with the new architecture
Yep, I'm holding out for the next Ax8 variant. The pedalboard style suits my use perfectly, the III is waaaay overkill for my needs, awesome though it looks to be. So I will keep using and enjoying the Ax8 until then. Really, the only things I'm looking for in the next Ax8 type board is an improved UI (which clearly they have increased focus on), improved available resources (I'm looking at you, processor), and any experience based design improvements the team comes up with (regarding physical layout).
But even if it never happened I'm really quite happy with the Ax8. And it sounds like sales of the Ax8 continue to be above their projections, so the internal timeline for the next version may have already slipped further away. But that's just guessing, you never really know...

Yep, I'm holding out for the next Ax8 variant. The pedalboard style suits my use perfectly, the III is waaaay overkill for my needs, awesome though it looks to be. So I will keep using and enjoying the Ax8 until then. Really, the only things I'm looking for in the next Ax8 type board is an improved UI (which clearly they have increased focus on), improved available resources (I'm looking at you, processor), and any experience based design improvements the team comes up with (regarding physical layout).
But even if it never happened I'm really quite happy with the Ax8. And it sounds like sales of the Ax8 continue to be above their projections, so the internal timeline for the next version may have already slipped further away. But that's just guessing, you never really know...

I'm a bit different I don't really need a good looking UI for a floor based unit. I just need quick information and the processing power to be dedicated to the sound. For editing I'm happy with my computer. I don't need the extreme number of blocks the III allows or even my II. But I'm a sucker for the latest architecture. bah

Still thinking.

IMO, the III features provide the most benefit for those gigging with it. For the hole in the wall gigs I'm usually playing, it's too big, too heavy, and too expensive. The AX8 is "just right".

Still, the allure of having the latest and greatest is strong. Could I end up with one just as studio bling? Maybe.

I am no-where near using the full capability of my Axe-FX XL+. If I could get the USB MIDI working properly I'd be in heaven. No need or $ to upgrade right now

I am in favour of the ODD(old dork discount) though,

Will definitely purchase the Axe III. Most likely by the end of 2018. Just completed a $10k upgrade to the studio, so funds are a bit on the skinny side at the moment.

MAYBE. If and when xl+ breaks beyond repair. For my needs its more than enough and the sound is phenominal. You either just have to know how to dial tones or get lucky (like i do ), somehow combining the right guitar, amp sim and cab sim. When this magic happens there is no compromise in sound and feel and thats all that matters to me

I have learnt going from axe fx standard to ultra to xl+ that I am the limiting factor in getting tones out of the box

Back
Top Bottom