Who's Planning To "Eventually" Move Up To The III?

For me, with the sale of my Mark II and MFC netting me about $1500 and selling one or two of my guitars for the other $1000, I figure there's no reason NOT to upgrade. As I use my AxeFX exclusively in my studio, I don't need a floor controller, so losing the MFC is not a huge deal. If the FC-6 comes out with a $300 price tag, I might consider it, though.

Even if I don't sell any guitars and just sell my Mark II and MFC, springing for the extra $1000, amortized over a 5-7 year lifespan, that's only a few dollars a month to enjoy the bleeding edge.

The Axe Fx XL+ is much more capable than I'll ever be, but so was the original II, and the Ultra... so what the hell. I'm diving in. As I am nearing retirement myself, I want to go to pasture with the house and cars paid for and a new Axe FX III in the rack. Now, that's a sound retirement plan!

I'm the type of person that researches something to death before buying it, whether a car, guitar, etc. Since I already have a "II", the difference would have to be so significant of a change that it would make it worth the money. Not saying it is not worth the money but I have a few other things I'm interested in buying so it is one of those things I will probably want will just have to wait awhile. :)

Waiting 1 or 2 years...enjoying the great 9.04 sound....so much possibilities with Axe III - but I´m an almost satisfied customer with only amp/cab at this moment...

I saw a picture, on the forum, of Petrucci with an Axe III. Wasn't that his?

Unfortunately, I can't see a path of disposable income to what will probably be $3,500 for the Axe-III and the FC-12. I only use the coin I make from income streams outside of my day job for large equipment purchases. Unless I sell one of my guitars...... not sure I want to do that.

May be time to give some guitar lessons. I like the old dork discount idea! Praying I can keep the lead in my pencil for a while longer. I've certainly met the other to metallic age requirements..... except silver in my teeth - no gold.
I am guessing the the price for the FC6= $400 and the FC12=$500

Unfortunately the support of the II will stop in the near future. That was the reason I sold my Ultra and replaced it with the xl+. I was still able to use my MFC. This time I will get not only a new axe but also a new foot controller - not within a month but within the next year ...

I remember selling my Ultra on Ebay, then going and picking up my Axe II right off Cliff's desk in person because I didn't trust UPS. lol

I may even keep the Axe II because it has worked flawlessly since day 1 and just add the Axe III for separate processing. Damm right I'll be upgrading, it's a no brainer for me. ;)

No, if the AxeFXIII will work @48kHz of sampling rate only. In this case I'll continue to use the AxeFXII

Last edited:
XL+ owner, on the waitlist but really holding out for the next gen AX8.

I'm thinking of going with a amp rig + pedal board rig while I wait.

I waited awhile before getting an Axe II because I was satisfied with my Ultra. I watched the development of the II and eventually knew I wanted to experience the evolution. I jumped on the AX8 quickly because it was a portable solution that I knew would work great for me. I'll wait for awhile on the III for the same reasons as the II. Since music is not my profession I'm going to wait and see whether the amp/cab development improves enough for me to pull the trigger. You can bet I'll be watching it closely.

I will def be in sometime later this year especially if Im able to sell my Axe Fx 2 and floor MFC MKIII. I only use mine in the studio and have loved it over the last 5 years but am really excited to work on some crazy patches utilizing this new POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't planning on getting a III until I saw the video @chris posted of the III in action here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...aesthetically-unpleasing.135150/#post-1598609

That looks really cool with the spectrum analyzer and all the level meter lights.

Also, FAMC said they plan to make their Liquid Foot+ and X series compatible with the III, so I won't need to buy an FC6 or FC12 but I probably will if they can do what I do with my LF+.

I have sold my Kemper to go to the dark side with the new 3!

It's costing me a little more with one of the new footswitches, especially if I get a poweramp too.

Well, eventually yeah... At this point i plan on waiting...

Until the very second i get the invitation to buy. Signed up for the waitlist as soon as I heard.

When first saw the announcement I hopped on the waiting list, unfortunately 2 days late. I planned on disconnecting and selling my current axe 2 xl+ before the market got flooded and figure out how to get by until the release. For me this would hopefully eliminate the back and forth agony of making this decision (just do it!). My axe 2 xl+ has served me well and has actually saved me a ton on money sufficing my need to buy new gear, as I am now recovering gear junky, so it's justified.

I disconnect my axe, took the pictures, ready to post, but decided to wait a day as I realized maybe I don't to live without until the axe 3 started shipping as I have no idea when my name might come up, and then decided I would just keep my current setup (do I really need the new one... probably not, not using the current model to it's full potential), or maybe just wait and take the a loss once the 3 was out. Woke up the next day decided to stop think and just post it, sell it and force myself into the 3 as I know I'm going to buy it anyway, and with my current axe gone, the decision is made only the agony of the wait is left. This cycle has repeated every day for the last week..... help!

I've asked some questions about the FC-series footcontrollers in another thread. (The usual "can/will it do X?" kind of thing.)

Assuming that most (not even necessarily all; some are pretty wish-listy) of those questions are answered affirmatively,
then,
Fractal will have my money the moment that I get my purchase-invite back from the waitlist.

And if the questions about FC-12 integration turn out to have problematic responses, then I may still get the Axe-FX III pretty soon, but first trade out my MFC-101 for an RJM Mastermind GT 16 or something similar, and take a little time to learn my way around it, so that when I get the Axe-FX III it won't take too long to "marry it" to the RJM.

We'll see.

Cliff's smart, though. I'm betting that the FC-12 is targeted at giving Axe-FX III users something that does everything an RJM or LiquidFoot unit could do, but with easier integration to the Axe-FX. If that bet pans out, there won't be anything about any competing product to tempt me away from Fractal, either for the processor or the footcontroller.

I don't know. At this stage of my life/career, moving up to the III when I already have a perfectly good II would be sorta like trading in a 2015 Porshe for a 2018 Porsche when the '15 model spends the vast majority of its time in the garage. As appealing as a new model is, there's just no compelling reason to make the move. Of course, that may change as Cliff has his way with the software, and the III is a platform with a lotta room. But, so am I. I could do with one helluva lotta improvement in my playing.

Back
Top Bottom