Who's moving from a Axe-Fx II to FM3?

Is it clear what the DSP capabilities of this thing are? Does it have more then the AX-8? More then the II? Equal? Less? I know there is the FM-3 announcement thread but that's got to be at least 50+ pages by now, if not double.
It is roughly the same power as AX8, though because of clever optimizations and two cores, it can do at least as much as AX8 with all the good stuff of Axe FX 3.

Check this out:
p-jpg.54547

With all these blocks, the CPU is not yet completely full.
Do note, that FM3, unlike the Axe FX 2, doesn't lag untill CPU is reaches 100%
However, it is advised to stay at around 90% tops, because block CPU usage fluctuates, and if its goes above 100 even for a milisecond, a block will get bypassed without your permission.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the impression that it has the capabilities of the AX-8, less then the Axe II, but more CPU so it can use those abilities better. For those of us who are FX junkies that is.

I get the impression that it has the capabilities of the AX-8, less then the Axe II, but more CPU so it can use those abilities better. For those of us who are FX junkies that is.
A real amp and cab have even less CPU. Hey, if I can have my amp and cab fit in my guitar bag - I'm sold. And hey again, if there's a lack of CPU, just add physical pedals on the pedalboard. It's all good.

For me the attraction of the Axe II was the ability to get rid of amps, cabs & pedals altogether. I was getting sick of tapdancing pedals and having to change settings between and sometimes during songs. It looks fun when Radiohead does it, but they got roadies hauling their shit for them before and after shows. I have to do everything myself. I want something small enough for me to haul around and I want presets!

Back
Top Bottom