Who's moving from a Axe-Fx II to FM3?

I view the FM3 as a grab and go kind of purchase, set up 5 basic presets and go jam.

For my band's set list, I need the II (presently) or III (once programmed).

I would indeed get a III for serious tours around USA with a dedicated crew. For most gigs I do, it's just overkill with a rack III. An FM3 with or without pedalboard support (with pedals) is perfect for my gigs where the music style changes from gig to gig.

I rely on axe-fx2 with a gordius LG2 midi footswitch. If FA made a floor unit that had 10 switches, communicated full library of midi, and was more programmable like Gordius, I’d buy.

Looks like FA product line isn’t going that direction though so I’m stuck on current rig for foreseeable future, which may be a looooooooooooooong time.

I rely on axe-fx2 with a gordius LG2 midi footswitch. If FA made a floor unit that had 10 switches, communicated full library of midi, and was more programmable like Gordius, I’d buy.

Looks like FA product line isn’t going that direction though so I’m stuck on current rig for foreseeable future, which may be a looooooooooooooong time.

Why can't you use your Gordius LG2 with the FM3?

Why can't you use your Gordius LG2 with the FM3?
That would require a larger pedalboard and case, which I don't have room for.
33903196152_8afa8984ed_n.jpg

And.... as more spec and detail emerges, I'm definitely staying with the Axe-Fx II mkII and MFC-101 setup I have.

I think the FM3 was a great concept, but it's not the floor unit I was hoping for.

Everything I do with my axe FX ii, I would be able to do with the FM3, plus with a small midi footswitch I think I’d probably have all the control I’d ever need (I don’t do a lot of switching to be honest).

That being said I already have the axe FX ii and I’m addicted to rack gear. And at present I’m not sure it would sound any better than the II, so maybe in the future when the sound quality gulf opens up more.

Everything I do with my axe FX ii, I would be able to do with the FM3, plus with a small midi footswitch I think I’d probably have all the control I’d ever need (I don’t do a lot of switching to be honest).

That being said I already have the axe FX ii and I’m addicted to rack gear. And at present I’m not sure it would sound any better than the II, so maybe in the future when the sound quality gulf opens up more.

Aside from the money issue, that’s similar to where I am. Eventually there might be something the III/FM3 can do that is irresistible. I am not even sure what that might be. There’s not a particular amp or effect I’m wishing for, so who knows what that “whoa” moment might be for me.

Just sold my II XL. On the wait list for the FM3. Hoping the G66 waitlist is not too long as I'm without any kind of amplification. I reckon the FM3 footprint will fit my needs better.

Hi

I presently run a n Axe FX II mkII with an MFC at home and loving it

However I spend 2 weeks out of 4 weeks at work away from from and my Axe FX,
Needed to look for a suitable unit and moved from a Line 6 pod xt to HD then to a mac running amplitube and now mainstage with various vst file favourite being ingnite amps, however none of them are a patch on the Fractal

Now they have answered my prayers and release an item that I can take with me between work and home

The future :
FM3 for home and work,
Axe FX II mkII & mfc at home , not planning on selling

depending on the FM3 performance may just use the FM3 at home and work ( can't store anything securely at work )
However may upgrade to an FX 3 at home using the mfc for preset change ( I think there is a possibility the FM3 could change presets on the FX 3 )
But then the FXII isn't going anywhere coz it can be used for jamming,
if the FM3 ticks all boxes then I may not be in a rush to upgrade to a FX3 that future isn't set in stone.

cheers
G \../

Not a chance in hell the mfc101 has all the switches I need and then some. The axe FX 2 has all the tone I need. Be mad to switch over

One thing that I hadn't considered yet is the fact the FM3 is not powered, so I would still need either a powered speaker or rack power amp (or plug straight into the house with no personal monitor). I'm currently using a rack power amp with my FX II and would most likely keep using that if I got a FM3... so really it's essentially the same footprint for my gear between the FM3 and the FX II... the FM3 rig would maybe be just a bit lighter.

Is it clear what the DSP capabilities of this thing are? Does it have more then the AX-8? More then the II? Equal? Less? I know there is the FM-3 announcement thread but that's got to be at least 50+ pages by now, if not double.

Back
Top Bottom