Who's gone all-in on Fractal?

No need to go all-in to be fully on-board. Been gigging FAS for over a decade, but still have a dozen or more amps and cabs in the music room. I have more than one brand and type guitar, too! I’m just incorrigible that way.

Remember, you always need a backup rig. Even a Fractal can have issues. I only have one amp left, my Louis Electric Buster boutique Tweed Deluxe which I'll never sell. Then I have an old AXE FX Mark II which I bought while waiting a year for the FM3 to ship. I use it as an effects processor for the Buster and on it's own when I want to do dual amps.
Fractal IS my backup amp.
Axe3 in the rack. FM3 for fly gigs and as a backup.
What maniac still wants to carry around amps and speakers?
That's like buying a computer and printer, but still handwriting all of your emails and delivering them by post.

No need to go all-in to be fully on-board. Been gigging FAS for over a decade, but still have a dozen or more amps and cabs in the music room. I have more than one brand and type guitar, too! I’m just incorrigible that way.
Yeah....that's also not me.

I've also got several guitars in cases in the other room waiting to make sure I want to move them on.

I've always been a bit of a minimalist in at least certain aspects of my life. I own more computers than shirts that I actually wear outside my house, for example. I'm honestly not sure why I waited so long to try modeling.

This is probably the wrong place to post this, but....I couldn't think of a better one. Or the title....couldn't think what was right.

Since I got my FM3, I haven't even looked at pedals or amps. I haven't plugged in my old rig since a couple days after getting it. But, I haven't really sold anything yet because of it. I did sell my last good amp, but that process started when I was using a Simplifier.

Who's actually sold everything else? Do you regret it?

I don't need the money from it, but the gear is just gathering dust. I've been looking at a handful of other upgrades (monitor DAC, AI, mics, pres, and different treatments for a makeshift live room specifically to record a friend if she decides she actually wants to), and it feels like it would make it a little less painful to start that process if I'm trading out things instead of just adding them.

Any thoughts?
Factor in that I’m not a working musician. It’s a hobby. But, yes, I sold everything: pedals, rack units, amps. I only kept a Furman, a Boss momentary foot switch and a Boss volume/expression pedal. No regrets.

I’m a studio guy first, so I’ve kept a few of my favourite amps just for specific sessions that I know will come up eventually.

Virtually every record I’ve done in the last three years has been done on an AxeFX despite having a bunch of gear and well treated control / live rooms.

Sold my 2203, V4, JC120, a couple of 5150s, and some YBAs. Don’t miss them at all.

Kept my two favourite 5150s, one V4, and all my cabs. Haven’t used any of them except for band practice.

Fractal IS my backup amp.
Axe3 in the rack. FM3 for fly gigs and as a backup.
What maniac still wants to carry around amps and speakers?
That's like buying a computer and printer, but still handwriting all of your emails and delivering them by post.
I don't carry around anything. I don't gig.

I have a 73 Champ still, for sentimental reasons, haven't played through it in years, I fire it up once a year just to keep the caps fresh.
I also have a few custom and modded effect pedals that I don't use, but can't bring myself to sell.
Fractal 100%

I keep an amp (JVM410C) and a pedalboard worth some good money, just for sentimental reasons, all the rest (and were several amps and cabs) are gone for good. I play at home exclusively so I guess in that case a Fractal only rig makes a lot of sense.

Still have my amps, but they don't get used much these days.. My Axe Fx II Mark II still does it for me.

I am considering selling/trading my roadster to fund an Axe Fx 3.. Honestly just to be part of the main discussion board again lol.

I'm sure the upgraded modeling will be a nice bonus though!

I still have one amp that hasn’t seen the light in 4 years or so……. Maybe I should sell it…. 🤔. Been all Fractal for quite a while.

I'm scared to sell my amps. Although I just bought another; got an EVH5150III EL34 Stealth model, and I already think it's too much of a beast and I should sell it!

I've got a Rockerverb MK3 100-watt, Diezel VH4 and D-Moll, Fryette Sig:X, and a Marshall JVM410HJS.

But the Axe is pretty killer, and I use it all the time at home. I'm tempted to try and move over to it for gigs, but haven't gotten around to trying it in rehearsal yet.

Yes, and I would recommend a Jet City Custom 5 if you can find one. Nice thick, chewy, a little dark and goopy overdrive that gets fatter and fatter as you push it.

I never bonded with the few Jet City amps I tried. Have not played that one, though.

Were Jet City amps poor man's Soldanos??

I already sold one amp and the contents of my small pedalboard. Another amp was waiting for the year to roll-over so now it'll be up for sale soon, leaving me with a single 1x12 combo and medium-size pedalboard, and the Fractals and my FRFRs as my primary noise makers.

Then I'm ordering a new 1x12 combo as my "forever" tube amp, selling the other remaining one, and have that side of my herd thinned out.

Back
Top Bottom