Who's gigging this weekend with V10?

Home Skillet

Inspired
Who is gigging or playing live this weekend after upgrading to V10? I'm playing 5 sets this weekend and am trying to decide if I should do it or not. I won't have time to practice with the band, maybe a few minutes. I've been reading tempting reviews. 9.02 to be safe or go out with 10???

I would just go with the version you have always used.

You can always check out the new update after your gig is through. It would probably create less problems, because it would not be a brand new upgrade.

Personally, I would be afraid to try out new firmware on an audience when I am not used to using it. But that is just me. I usually play it safe, it saves me less headaches and worries that way.

There are enough things that can go wrong at a gig already (Break a string, PA Problems, etc.), but playing with a firmware you are not used to can create even more problems and make your playing experience a nightmare if things go wrong that you don't know how to fix.

I have always just done the upgrade and gigged with no issues. But it depends in some things. This is a major change and Cliff said more than likely you will have to retweak stuff pretty good. If you have 30 patches....no. Five....then why not!

I'd say it depends on the gig, how many patches you use and how many different amp sims you use. Read the release notes to see how much the changes could affect you.

That said, you should check you basic amp sounds and if the levels of your patches are balanced. It might be good to reset the amp parameter defaults (by changing back and forth the amp type) or it might be not (if the change is too dramatic and would need much editing to get back your desired sound).

FWIW, I played three rehearsals and a gig with the leaked beta of fw 10 without any problems. I did NOT retweak all my patches and it still was worth the improvement in sound and feel.

Back
Top Bottom