Who's Afraid to Gig Beta Firmware?

Are You Wary of Gigging Beta Firmware?

• Yes, I am afraid to gig with beta firmware!

Votes: 29 23.4%
  • No, I am not afraid to gig with beta firwmare!

Votes: 95 76.6%

• Total voters
I'm not worried about it. I tested all of my presets and I've found NO problems. Besides, the gig environment here is so laid-back, they don't even notice when a drunk chick pukes on the bar and tips over backwards onto the floor.

they don't even notice when a drunk chick pukes on the bar and tips over backwards onto the floor.

Is that all in one, slick movement..?
thinking.gif

I tread pretty carefully with it. The majority of betas are totally fine, but the odd one can cause chaos in my experience. I had some terrible lockups with one of the beta 10's or 11's. You can usually gauge whats going on from the forum posts so its never a problem. I'd gig with this latest beta!

The more developments in the code the more chance of any chaos usually :D

Hey this is a Fractal beta... Plus you can always delay backing up to the unit if you're still nervous.... But don't be!

I'm always a bit behind.. don't like to take chances,(not that I ever had any problems) usually only when I have a few days off, and at least a rehearsal before gigs, I update firmware.

although I've not actually gigged with a beta load [only a 'production load' so far]
if my practice sessions didn't reveal any functional or stability issues, I'd have no problem gigging with a beta load

and likewise, if my practice sessions revealed an issue that directly impacted my presets / preset performance, I'd drop back to the previous known good fw load

Nope. Never. And if I lose work I know I can recreate it.

Of course, I would never upgrade on the way out the door to a gig or jam session without backing up.

That would be disrespectful to me mates! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never even download the beta firmwares, whether I'm playing a show or not. It's just to be extra careful really, wait until any kinks get worked out. :)

What's to fear? Just bring the laptop and if something really catastrophic happens you can downgrade, restore backups, and be back up in the time it takes the rest of the band to have a wee.

Back
Top Bottom