Who's Afraid to Gig Beta Firmware?

Are You Wary of Gigging Beta Firmware?

• Yes, I am afraid to gig with beta firmware!

Votes: 29 23.4%
  • No, I am not afraid to gig with beta firwmare!

Votes: 95 76.6%

• Total voters
I take two units and always keep my first unit on 9.2 so if there is an issue with beta at a show then I would just switch over to it.

Depends - if the Beta was released 20 minutes before I had to leave for a really important gig and I only had time to load the FW and make a very quick pass through my presets, I wouldn't load a beta FW, and risk gremlins, level issues and more.

But it's for a jam thing or I have a good hour to test it and it behaves during that test, then no worries. That said I always (except for jam things) have a back-up rig with me anyway.

I've giged beta2 with absolutely no problems, going to install beta 12.03beta4 within the next hour

Before I purchased my axe fx 2 I was a beta tester for line 6 pod hd and variax. I never had issues with the beta firmware and I haven't so far with the axe fx

bugs normally are in the deepest controls and functions...
if the setup is simple... just a row with fx amp and cab... tested for a while... why not!

Last night, tonite and New years eve, no issues at all!!! I even renamed and added a few different scenes w/ axedit3 fri morn, flawless

I am running it tomorrow (will install tonight). I have a history of loading a fw with no backups done and going straight to practice or a gig since the ultra. Only once (ii fw5) did I think of crap my patch is ruined.

I actually think this move to make firmwares public beta is super smart one. I think he will find more bugs much quicker this way. Congrats on Cliff for the change:)

Well, guess I'm in the minority... even though the firmware seems pretty stable at the "public beta" phase, my backup rig is a big step down so I don't take risks I can avoid.

I'm less afraid of AxeFx beta firmware than I am of any other digital guitar processor's final firmware. I'm afraid of the amps sims of any other device!

I did 5 Christmas services with it without any issues. Granted nobody spilled beer on it or knocked it over.

Depends on how much I'm being paid.

Seriously. If I was touring with Katy Perry..no way. If I'm playing for an audience that wouldn't have a clue my Axe locked up in a crazy 'verb' loop in the middle of a song? Yep.

That being said...if a Fractal Beta reaches the masses, I'd be confident the bugs are minor enough to 'gig that bioch'.

Not gigging at the moment so I guess my comment doesn't fit the poll. I still haven't loaded it, waiting for the official release so I have to live vicariously through all of you that took the chance..

I haven't gigged with it yet, but very happy with it without any issues. It has changed my favorit amp now to the Messa`s - I loved it with my two Q12a's......

Back
Top Bottom