• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Who's Afraid to Gig Beta Firmware?

Are You Wary of Gigging Beta Firmware?

• Yes, I am afraid to gig with beta firmware!

Votes: 29 23.4%
  • No, I am not afraid to gig with beta firwmare!

Votes: 95 76.6%

• Total voters

REDD

Forum Addict
Best answers
I take two units and always keep my first unit on 9.2 so if there is an issue with beta at a show then I would just switch over to it.

Rocket Brother

Forum Addict
Best answers
Depends - if the Beta was released 20 minutes before I had to leave for a really important gig and I only had time to load the FW and make a very quick pass through my presets, I wouldn't load a beta FW, and risk gremlins, level issues and more.

But it's for a jam thing or I have a good hour to test it and it behaves during that test, then no worries. That said I always (except for jam things) have a back-up rig with me anyway.

I've giged beta2 with absolutely no problems, going to install beta 12.03beta4 within the next hour

keithguitarfan

Inspired
Best answers
Before I purchased my axe fx 2 I was a beta tester for line 6 pod hd and variax. I never had issues with the beta firmware and I haven't so far with the axe fx

GuttaLaser

Forum Addict
Best answers
bugs normally are in the deepest controls and functions...
if the setup is simple... just a row with fx amp and cab... tested for a while... why not!

Dramelot

Forum Addict
Best answers
Last night, tonite and New years eve, no issues at all!!! I even renamed and added a few different scenes w/ axedit3 fri morn, flawless

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
Best answers
I am running it tomorrow (will install tonight). I have a history of loading a fw with no backups done and going straight to practice or a gig since the ultra. Only once (ii fw5) did I think of crap my patch is ruined.

laughyouraxeoff

Veteran
Best answers
I actually think this move to make firmwares public beta is super smart one. I think he will find more bugs much quicker this way. Congrats on Cliff for the change:)

LostInSpace

Inspired
Best answers
Well, guess I'm in the minority... even though the firmware seems pretty stable at the "public beta" phase, my backup rig is a big step down so I don't take risks I can avoid.

Philip34

Veteran
Best answers
I'm less afraid of AxeFx beta firmware than I am of any other digital guitar processor's final firmware. I'm afraid of the amps sims of any other device!

edawterb

Veteran
Best answers
I did 5 Christmas services with it without any issues. Granted nobody spilled beer on it or knocked it over.

electronpirate

Best answers
Depends on how much I'm being paid.

Seriously. If I was touring with Katy Perry..no way. If I'm playing for an audience that wouldn't have a clue my Axe locked up in a crazy 'verb' loop in the middle of a song? Yep.

That being said...if a Fractal Beta reaches the masses, I'd be confident the bugs are minor enough to 'gig that bioch'.

Sixstring

Axe-Master
Best answers
Not gigging at the moment so I guess my comment doesn't fit the poll. I still haven't loaded it, waiting for the official release so I have to live vicariously through all of you that took the chance..

Black Bitch

Fractal Fanatic
Best answers
I haven't gigged with it yet, but very happy with it without any issues. It has changed my favorit amp now to the Messa`s - I loved it with my two Q12a's......

Top Bottom