Who would you bring back?

Of the 6 artists who would you bring back for one last show?

• John Lennon

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Jerry Garcia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • John Bonham

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Jimi Hendrix

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Freddie Mercury

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • Kurt Cobain

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Out of the list it would be Freddie Mercury.

However if it was an open choice Cliff Burton would be at the top of my list.

One guy and one song would make me satisfied, Jimi Hendrix with "Voodoo Child".

After that Dimebag.

Not surprised to see Jimi on top, but Freddie Mercury over another 35 years of John freaking Lennon?

interesting choices for conversation! haven't voted yet as I'm torn between 3 on the list. as a guitar player the obvious would def be Hendrix but Bonham had such an incredible feel in every thing he played that I just don't hear any where else (and no YJM, I mean RR - the Page/Plant thing would not have been any where near the same w/o him just look at their stand alone work). As a songwriter it would have to be Lennon, the song catalog speaks for itself. my guess is that Hendrix will win the poll. For now I'm going to ponder the choices and follow the conversation.

Choosing only from the list, a collaboration between Jimi Hendrix, Freddie Mercury, John Lennon, and John Bonham.

Voted for Hendrix though, one of the reasons being (as previously mentioned) it would be great to hear what he would come up with with an Axe-Fx!

+1 on Marley! ok, so i've read the question again... to bring the artist back for one more "show". So based on talent and showmanship it would be either Jimi or Freddie. Since Jimi didn't want to be a freak show anymore (and there's some great guitar players that have elevated guitar playing to insane levels anyway), has to be Freddie. Although as a musician I'd love to watch Bonham play!

EDIT: just cast my vote. i figured it would be pretty close between Jimi and Freddie so I gave Bonham some love. Poor Jerry!

for a show I'd be watching i'd have to go Freddie

we all have a soft spot for Hendrix and what he did but you can go to any blues night and see his stuff being played note for note. I think actually seeing him would be underwhelming by now

If i chose one not off the list ? it would probably change day to day but today I would've liked to see Jeff Buckley

Some folks have less than a day to cast your vote. Looks like Hendrix by a mile but who knows? it could get closer.

On list, Hendrix.

Not on list, Wes Montgomery and Duane Allman for starters. Lenny Breau. So many greats gone.

Back
Top Bottom