Who was your first Concert?

Deep Purple 1974, El Paso County Coliseum... 30ft from Blackmore & loud as hell... best concert... EVER!!!

TED NUGENT, LYNYRD SKYNYARD, JOURNEY, 38 SPECIAL, RICK DERRINGER??, SOLDER FIELD, CHICAGO 1976 I THINK

Last edited:
I can imagine. What did you think of Quay Lude?

The Tubes
Trippy how they came out as one band and after intermission they were a different band. First Fee Waybill then Quay Lude.
That and the funny smelling smoke that was all over the theater.

From '69 onwards I saw a lot of bands at the Friars club in Aylesbury. It was a small club where you could get very close to the musicians. The earliest would have been someone like Mott the Hoople or King Crimson. There were so many that I can't remember exactly, or as someone once said: "if you can remember the 60s then you weren't there".

Wow. That was a strange one.

I saw T Rex open for Humble Pie right around the same time period.

I was real real young, but I still remember Marc Bolan tossing his guitar down on the stage and whipping it with a huge bull whip standing 15 or 20 feet away. You've heard of kerrrranggg, that was kabonnnngggg! every time he hit it.

Journey, 1983 Frontiers tour. My first real rock concert.

I had been to many smaller country shows at a local amusement park in Kansas City in the late 70s/early 80s. Saw Eddie Rabbitt, Kenny Rogers, Conway Twitty, Dolly Parton, The Oak Ridge Boys, Alabama, etc. My mom was a bit of a country music freak. :mrgreen

Journey, 1983 Frontiers tour. My first real rock concert.

I had been to many smaller country shows at a local amusement park in Kansas City in the late 70s/early 80s. Saw Eddie Rabbitt, Kenny Rogers, Conway Twitty, Dolly Parton, The Oak Ridge Boys, Alabama, etc. My mom was a bit of a country music freak. :mrgreen

As I get older I've begun listening to some of the guitarists who played for those artists. Sometimes I can't even find out who was actually playing, but regardless, those guys were monsters.

Back
Top Bottom