Who Wants to Test Some New Firmware? (12.03 Beta 5 UPDATE)

I'm amazed. My quest for better tone in my old Matchless 30 and Phoenix was paying lots of money for Telefunken EF806 pentodes and NOS output tubes. Worth the cost anyways.
Thanks Cliff for making these upgrades in the digital domaine.

Tried to update from 12.02 to the 12.03 beta 5 and while the axe was in the programming state, the screen went blank and had some strange noise comming from the speakers.
Turned the axe off and after 5 secs on again and now everything is stuck with all lights on etc.
That had happened to me before and G66 sent me an eprom which I installed and then reloaded the (back then) latest firmware. It worked like a charm then, but what do I do now?
Do I have to contact G66 or is another way of reflashing the eprom?
I remember reading something along these lines somewhere but I'm not sure what to do exactly.
Any tips?

Cool I'm gonna run with your presets tonight witha few adjustments...I'll install it and hope for the best ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Fwiw, newest amp models not showing up in axe edit when going to beta five. Dimension d also does not show.

Good shout... I might play it safe then and stick with BETA 4 since it works fairly well

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I upgraded at midnight and went to bed without playing. I have plans until this afternoon. Will be able to test at that time.

Just installed beta5, OMFG it plays so good!!! Damn!! I'm blown away by this, not sure if tone has changed as a by product but the lowend response is more like a tube amp, less flubby, less mess down there. Wow!!

Best New Year present ever, cheers Cliff.

Just installed beta5, OMFG it plays so good!!! Damn!! I'm blown away by this, not sure if tone has changed as a by product but the lowend response is more like a tube amp, less flubby, less mess down there. Wow!!

Best New Year present ever, cheers Cliff.

IMHO the thing the has improved most since FW10 (i think) is the whole feel (pretty swirly subject :D )

It probably sound even better too, but it feels so much better that we think it sounds so much better, even if a model don´t change very much. Some models do change, but you know what i mean.

IMHO, off course..

Thanks again and again and again Cliff, Matt and the rest of the team.

THANKS! It was automatic before...just refereshed...THERE THEY ARE... wicked.

Since the version doesn't change from beta 2-5, if you are going beta to beta, it has to be manual :) I found out the hard way too by the way, didn't figure out that one myself either.

Can you please enlighten me about reloading the amp?
Is it necessary for this update (i have beta 4 already) and is the reloading process selecting another amp and then selecting the amp to be used again?
Thanks.

DC13 CJ amazing...probably the best amp in the AXE collection..Just turned Mv all the way..hardly any other tweak...used standard recommended cab (84). Give it a try..

Is how I feel this morning.

Until I discover the next one lol.

Back
Top Bottom