Who Wants to Test Some New Firmware? (12.03 Beta 5 UPDATE)

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_12p03beta.zip

Greatly improved “cathode squish modeling” for cathode biased power amp models. This improves the feel for affected amp types, i.e. Class-A, Mr Z, etc. Two new parameters have been added which allow the user to alter the pertinent variables: Cathode Squish and Squish Time. Cathode Squish sets the amount of bias shift due to cathode voltage rise and Squish Time sets the time constant of the cathode network. These parameters are set to default values upon selection of an amp type. Setting Cathode Squish to zero defeats the cathode squish modeling.

Can someone explain how this works? What amp models are affected?

Last edited:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_12p03beta.zip

Greatly improved “cathode squish modeling” for cathode biased power amp models. This improves the feel for affected amp types, i.e. Class-A, Mr Z, etc. Two new parameters have been added which allow the user to alter the pertinent variables: Cathode Squish and Squish Time. Cathode Squish sets the amount of bias shift due to cathode voltage rise and Squish Time sets the time constant of the cathode network. These parameters are set to default values upon selection of an amp type. Setting Cathode Squish to zero defeats the cathode squish modeling.

Can someone explain how this works? What amps models are affected?
Class-A, Mr. Z etc.. ?

I need to wait until after NYE as well :-( Thanks so much for the offer though - gotta love this company!

But just an observation: "Output 2 Echo" might imply to some users that there's an echo effect. I'll put serious money on some newbie asking in 6 months "Where are the echo settings for output 2?" :lol

WARNING!!!!
I installed the beta and after fractal bot has finished the transfer my axe started to configure it but in the middle it freezes! the screen turned blank with black lines and a brizzeling noise appeared.
After a while a shut down the unit but now it doesn't start anymore! Just a blank display and all lights on. No startup nothing!

WARNING!!!!
I installed the beta and after fractal bot has finished the transfer my axe started to configure it but in the middle it freezes! the screen turned blank with black lines and a brizzeling noise appeared.
After a while a shut down the unit but now it doesn't start anymore! Just a blank display and all lights on. No startup nothing!

Contact support. For you that would be G66, I believe. Something went wrong during the firmware update, you will need an Emergency EPROM to fix. It is unlikely that it is the beta firmware that caused it.

Hey

Amazing news for that update. Cliff any chance to get that ,whammy block update there? :encouragement:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom