Who Wants to Test Some New Firmware? (12.03 Beta 5 UPDATE)

Yesterday 2 blocks changed by themself. (No AE connected) This is not a problem for me and it is a beta.

It seems like the high end is going down over the last week.
I played loud yesterday so it may have been my ears :D but i have added a lot of treble and presence since beta5.
Yesterday i even upped 4 & 8 kHz to make it cut in the mix. Haven`t touched global eq since FW9.

I`ll test more in the weekend. I`ll reload beta 4&5 or release version, reset and do a test drive.

There may be something strange going on. Or not ;)

I played loud yesterday so it may have been my ears :D but i have added a lot of treble and presence since beta5.
Yesterday i even upped 4 & 8 kHz to make it cut in the mix. Haven`t touched global eq since FW9.

I seem to notice a bit less high end as well as a bit more dirt on some of my clean patches. I'm not sure why but my normal clean preset based on "Jim & Leo" is dirtier and maybe a little more compressed but not as in your face, with a little less highs. I'm tempted to reload an older firmware and see if I'm just imagining it.

If the firmware is announced as available for beta testing, and you decide to use it, it is beta software. Why do you need a letter to indicate it is beta software?

Maybe you have a use case that requires this? Just curious.

Thanks to Cliff and the Fractal team for making a unit so inexpensive, valuable, and fun. I owe you guys a lot for my renewed interest in learning guitar. Without it, I'd still be playing once or twice a week.. tops.

The tone for recording is so authentic, in about 3 seconds you can dial up just about anything if you have the right hands/guitar. I can't think of anything more valuable in a studio for great guitar tone.

:) Thanks again to everyone involved!

Yesterday 2 blocks changed by themself. (No AE connected) This is not a problem for me and it is a beta.

I`ll test more in the weekend. I`ll reload beta 4&5 or release version, reset and do a test drive.

There may be something strange going on. Or not ;)

Have you re initialized your amp and cab blocks? It seems to bring out more highs and clarity for me , seems like the cab block makes more difference than the amp block,but both are noticeable here!

Have you re initialized your amp and cab blocks? It seems to bring out more highs and clarity for me , seems like the cab block makes more difference than the amp block,but both are noticeable here!

Yep, but i'll do it again just to be sure. I really don't think it's possible that the high end would fade during use. No tubes you see ;)
I`ll reload the FW this weekend and track, and then do the same with 12.03beta4 and 12.02. With fresh ears (those can mess things up from time to time)
The treble thing is solveble anyway the finsihed FW12.03 will end up. I have a lot of eq options.
Just wanted a second opinion.

If the block thing happens a number of times during the weekend, i'll post it in the bug section. But sometimes the wheel sets in a middle position and moves after a couple of minutes/seconds and that's not a bug.

i think something is going on with the high frequencies at the last update of this firmware.....they somehow seem to hiss

i think something is going on with the high frequencies at the last update of this firmware.....they somehow seem to hiss

Well. It`s still a beta, so we have to wait for the final release and see then. But it's ok to mention it so it can be looked at, in case there is something off.

Maybe Sir Hiss is out of town then ;)

There seem to be a couple of these reports.

Note that sometimes new firmware "exposes" dormant issues in your Axe-Fx.
For example, concerning global blocks, or corrupt presets or IRs, originating from old buggy Axe-Edit versions for example. It's still a computer and software after all.

Like with earlier firmware, sometimes these issues require "cleaning" your Axe-Fx. See the Troubleshooting FAQ for tips.

Yep, but i'll do it again just to be sure. I really don't think it's possible that the high end would fade during use. No tubes you see ;)

That's in upcoming firmware. Since so many are focused on complete accuracy and replication and Cliff has nailed the amp sims its only natural to incorporate the planned obsolesce algorithms and subsequently release the Tube, Cap, and Pots maintenance Packs. 160+ amps. What an untapped market!!!! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom