Who Wants to Test Some New Firmware? (12.03 Beta 5 UPDATE)

Hey Cliff, When I'm connected to my Macbook Pro and am trying to record the USB status will show zero and the progress bar for USB will actually point downwards, as opposed to all the others moving upwards. My CPU usage is at around 89-92% I'm also getting some distorted thumping every once in a while...which I was not getting before. I'm simply using a twin amp and splitting it off direct, for a 'dual' tone.

Just spent most of the day working through my patches w/Beta 5. Simply stunning. This thing is just nasty now and spits, shines, or soothes whenever I want! Awesome.

The DC-30 is spot on. HOLY CRAP!

(Cue the angels singing....)

I'm home again. (*Just need a Clubman now!) ;)

Oh yeah! Just copied the Aye Cee 30 preset template and dialed up a Matchless D-30 with amp's speaker page edited to:

173.7Hz - Low Res Freq
1.886 - Low Res Q
5.51 - Low Resonance
45.9Hz - XFormer LowFreq

Sounds great with the following stereo cab blend: new OH Scott Peterson SS T1 and T2 Alnico-Silver IRs in the left cab (blended in CabLab) and factory IR25 - RW 2X12 Top Boost Sliver - in the right cab. :)

Today is my 6 month anniversary as a Fractalite (met Matt at Dweezilla 2013 and acquired my AXE FX II on July 5th).

Well I couldn't be happier with Cliff's endless FW upgrades, enhancements and invites to public beta testing.

Beta 5 is just awesome BTW, but if there is one thing I've learned from Mr. Chase … never assume that it can't get better than this … because Cliff always seems to make miracles happen for us! :)

EDIT: there are soooo many great pearls from Cliff in this thread that really should find a home in Yek's Wiki ;)

Killed it on the gig today with the Matchless model all day long. I ran that amp back in the day for years; one of my absolute mainstay songwriting and recording amps. The Axe-FX DC-30 model takes drive better; the real amp tends to get really flubby when you do what I did on two songs today; you can roll the gain up and it just sings and then use your volume knob on the guitar to turn it back to crushed-glass clean. Advantage: for the AFXII. The tones today were stellar. I can't stop playing that model. Also works well with a lot of stock and Own Hammer IR's. Fave so far is the SP mix T2 version of the 112 Silver Alnico.

My DC-30 had a V30/Greenback mix so I'll be doing something in Cab Lab, but after today... it's not urgently necessary. ;)

Highly recommended.

Killed it on the gig today with the Matchless model all day long. I ran that amp back in the day for years; one of my absolute mainstay songwriting and recording amps. The Axe-FX DC-30 model takes drive better; the real amp tends to get really flubby when you do what I did on two songs today; you can roll the gain up and it just sings and then use your volume knob on the guitar to turn it back to crushed-glass clean. Advantage: for the AFXII. The tones today were stellar. I can't stop playing that model. Also works well with a lot of stock and Own Hammer IR's. Fave so far is the SP mix T2 version of the 112 Silver Alnico.

My DC-30 had a V30/Greenback mix so I'll be doing something in Cab Lab, but after today... it's not urgently necessary. ;)

Highly recommended.

:lol I hear you brother - I can't pull myself away from your SP 112 Silver Alnicos - they are all great and great when blend together (SS+T1+T2) too! :

Nice job Scott! :encouragement:

Yes, adjust the Feedback parameters to correct. This happens with global Delay blocks only.

I found this a little strange. I thought that changing something in a global was supposed to affect all that are linked to it. I have the same global delay linked in about 80 presets and had to correct each one. I thought fixing it once should have fixed them all. I did this on axe edit - is that the cause?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I found this a little strange. I thought that changing something in a global was supposed to affect all that are linked to it. I have the same global delay linked in about 80 presets and had to correct each one. I thought fixing it once should have fixed them all. I did this on axe edit - is that the cause?

hopefully a bug they fix since this is a beta.

Highly recommended.

Cool! What drive do you like with it Scott?

. I just popped in a JCM 800, paired it with some basketweave IR, I reset everything and did not twist a single knob.

I know this is a newbie question, but once I upload new firmware, how do we reset everything to make sure the new features are active?

I know this is a newbie question, but once I upload new firmware, how do we reset everything to make sure the new features are active?

The new features are always active when you update firmware. All reseting the amp block does (by switching to another amp and back again) is change the advanced parameters to default. The default values sometimes change a little with different firmware. I don't know if they have changed this time around.

Not exactly what you are asking, but you can check to see what firmware version you have loaded by pressing the Utility button on your Axe-Fx's front panel, then press the right arrow cursor over till you reach the "Firmware" page.

I have a PEQ boost that I control with an expression pedal to add from +1db up to +20db. The curve is more midrange focused.

The Drive is the RC Boost-based one with a similar output curve on the level tied to an expression pedal.

Can you post this preset? :)

Can't stop playing the Matchless - its turning out to be my favorite clean … at least for tonight.

I wrote some music for a clean sound last week that really fits this amp and I want to work on gradually moving from clean to crunch to lead with this amp.

I like using expression pedals for this purpose too.

Not exactly what you are asking, but you can check to see what firmware version you have loaded by pressing the Utility button on your Axe-Fx's front panel, then press the right arrow cursor over till you reach the "Firmware" page.

Thanks for the reply. I was referring to hearing some people talk about "resetting" the amp blocks after firmware updates. The prior post informing me that it's as simple as switching to another amp and back again resets the given amp to the newest, updated version. I'm assuming this only has to be done with the amp and not any of the effects or cabs?

All models are affected. The harder the virtual power amp is driven the more noticeable the improved preamp modeling will be.

Before I was treating the models as separate preamps and power amps as though you were using a rack system with a preamp unit and a power amp. I did some tests and noticed that there is quite a bit of interaction between the power amp and preamp in an integrated amp (combo or head). So now the modeling feeds the power supply voltage from the power amp algorithm back into the preamp algorithm. As the B+ sags (and the screens droop and bounce) the preamp is affected as it will in a real amp....

Will there be an option to use the old preamp modeling when the official firmware is released (like if the offical fw is 13.00, the Global menu's 12.xx modeling would use the old preamp version)?

I only had to adjust one instance of the (global) delay block. Was autom. applied to all others.

Back
Top Bottom