Who wants some JBL IRs?

I'll have to revisit these IR's, I'm glad I still had them to share and thanks rp911 for making them. :D Your tone sounded great on that live recording, well done!!

I think since Cliff "brightened" the amps in 9.02 & 9.03, the stock cabs and some user cabs like these, tend to sound better than before those updates, IMHO anyways.

I just played the 10's out tonight. sounded great, cut thru everything well.
i'll play on the 12's friday night, see how they go.

thanks again

Here you go!

The 2 best JBL IRs I have found...
They are hit or miss.
Favorite use at the moment is a Carr Roamer with 130 & ML Fender Cab.

Attachments

• JBL E120 cab.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 87
  • JBL E130 SM57 C.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 71
My unit went buggy last year I had to wipe the system and start over.

I blame the ancient ir's but It could have been something else.

I'll never use old ir's again.

Here are my original AxeFX 2 IRs for an open back 2X12 JBL E-120 cabinet similar to Garcia's, and also a similar 2X10 with JBL K-110s. The K-110s sound sweeter but the E-120s are what you want to cut through the mix and get closer to the right tone live.

These were the cabs ... I would redo the IRs at a higher resolution but unfortunately no longer own them. I may have the original sweep recordings somewhere if anyone is interested in working on it. But they sound pretty good to me.

hardtruckers.jpg

Attachments

• e120axe2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 97
  • k110axe2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 82
hey all. i'll probably feel like a goof when I hear the answer but I purchased the Cab-Lab 3 plugin because I noticed a lot of cool IRs that the nice people in this forum have been kind enough to share.

so the first shared IRs I downloaded were the 2 in this thread (e120axe2 and k110axe2). and as luck would have it, my Cab-Lab 3 plugin won't open them. it comes up with "the following files could not be imported e120axe2.syx: unknown error". Am I to understand that Cab-Lab plugin won't open certain types of .syx files? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom