Who uses Ultra res in Cab block?

I have been because my patches have had the CPU to do it. I think they sound better at home but I don't know if it would be noticeable live. Unfortunately I haven't been in a position to compare in a live situation yet.

My preference for Ultra Res is one of the reasons I'm upgrading from the FM3. (Along with Ultra-High quality reverbs, though this is more noticeable on the cloud-type reverbs than on something like plate.)

Last edited:
I like it. Have used it since it became available. Not really a big hit on CPU, but as you state it is there.

I’m using ultra res in all scenes except one. My last scene is an ambient one using the shimmer verb. Pretty cpu heavy…. Hoping for this new pitch setting in the reverb block will allow me to do away with the shimmer verb and I’ll be able to go ultra res cabs in my kitchen sink patch.

I’m using ultra res in all scenes except one. My last scene is an ambient one using the shimmer verb. Pretty cpu heavy…. Hoping for this new pitch setting in the reverb block will allow me to do away with the shimmer verb and I’ll be able to go ultra res cabs in my kitchen sink patch.
Brilliant and very good idea...just reduce it and add cab channel for that scene that needs more cpu headroom. Actually I could do this in other areas too, to reduce cpu load for just 1 scene.

Back
Top Bottom