Who uses FC-12 AND FC-6 together?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I'm considering getting a FC-6 for scenes and the FC-12 just presets, or something. I know with a little more organization I won't need that much. I'm just wondering for those of you who do how are you organizing it?

Another stupid question coming: Is there a way to chain the FC-12 and the FM3 to the Axe Fx III? ?

I have both an FC-6 and an FC-12. In fact, I find that using both of them together is overkill for anything I’ve done so far with either my Axe-Fx III or my FM3. I typically split the two FCs between the two devices.

All else being equal, I prefer to use the FC-12 because it gives me one-button access to a lot more stuff, and it’s nice to minimize hold functions. But in practice, i take my FC-6 almost everywhere because it’s so damned transportable, and it gives me enough functionality to do what I need to do.

Where two FCs come in really handy is for bigger shows where you want to have two stage locations, or there’s a tech belowstage doing some of your switching. The ability to slave two FCs together is really handy for that. Otherwise, how you use them is very much a personal-preference thing. Remember you’ll probably want to do more in a show than just change presets and scenes.

Regarding your question about chaining an FC-6 and an FM3 to an Axe III, that depends on your definition of “chain.” You can make the FM3 send MIDI to the Axe, but you can’t directly link all three devices via FASLink.

Last edited:
Thank you Rex! And I use the FM3 for live shows and rehearsals. Who knows when that's going to happen? So I'd defeinitely use the FC-6 for that.

Reactions: Rex
Thank you Rex! And I use the FM3 for live shows and rehearsals. Who knows when that's going to happen? So I'd defeinitely use the FC-6 for that.
I think that's a good choice. In the music I've heard you play, I don't hear you doing a lot of mid-song changes to your sound. I think you'll be very happy with an FC-6.

Back
Top Bottom