Who uses Apple Logic Pro X On MAC to record tracks

Bcraig

Inspired
Hi I am looking for Axe FX users that use Logic Pro X on Mac to record guitar , Any Audio tracks or use drummer etc...
and record any video and know how sync up Audio with video

I need help please ?

God Bless

Simeon thanks for stopping by Awesome

Post up some starting question
soon

Head out now for walk

Yes the iMac is more than capable. I use one at home with the AxeFX (via USB) and it works as it should. I’ve worked in studios running them too.

If you’re planning on buying one for recording you might consider the i5 rather than the i7 processor - yes it’s less powerful but you’re unlikely to run up against limitations unless you’re running A LOT of plugins, but the i7 runs a lot hotter, meaning more noise from fans.

Thank Disconnector and Corinthian for stopping by

This usb product that you use along with Axe FX
And i Mac who makes it ?

I go USB cable from the Axe straight into my iMac. Launch Logic and choose Channels 1/2 to record, and also record Channels 3/4 for the direct signal in case I want to reamp later.

Reactions: JT2
I go USB cable from the Axe straight into my iMac. Launch Logic and choose Channels 1/2 to record, and also record Channels 3/4 for the direct signal in case I want to reamp later.

Ok I got that Thanks a lot Thanks for bvaughn0402 and electronpirate
For stopping by

Now I live in a very quiet apartment
so I use my head phones to hear and I am new at recording

Ok next question I can record with headphones in Logic

The following
My guitar
My voice
use drummer
piano

Now I wanting to record video and Audio at the same time while wearing my phones and also hear my guitar my voice and any track in Logic
so I can send to my teacher

Is this possible? And if so how has others approach this
God Bless

Actually, I’ve never done video recording/ editing with Logic. I use Final Cut Pro for video editing.

Normally, I would do things in this order:

In Logic Pro
I would record all my audio tracks.
Then mix and master the audio.

With my Camera:
Record video while playing along with audio that I recorded

In Final Cut Pro:
Sync audio and video

Done!

Sorry I donot have final count Pro
Actually, I’ve never done video recording/ editing with Logic. I use Final Cut Pro for video editing.

Normally, I would do things in this order:

In Logic Pro
Then mix and master the audio.

With my Camera:
Record video while playing along with audio that I recorded

In Final Cut Pro:
Sync audio and video

Done!

Ok now can you record video and audio with wearing your only headphones no monitors speakers due to very quiet apartment

Because I agree with
“In Logic Pro
Then mix and master the audio.”

But I donot have Final Cut Pro
and cannot afford that

I try to use QuickTime player new movie record
to record my guitar my voice and record logic drummer but

I found out that I can only record voice or AxeFX and Guitar
and no tracks from logic

yes, with quicktime you can select the audio source you wish to record along with the video...but only one audio source at a time.

one solution would be to get an audio interface. you'd plug the axe fx and your microphone into that and then select the audio interface as the audio source in quicktime. this doesn't solve the logic drummer issue though, so the best option may be to try Jack. Jack is an audio router that allows you to pipe audio from any source inside or outside your mac and send it anywhere you like. including multiple sources or destinations
http://jackaudio.org

btw - your mac should come installed with iMovie

you could record your voice and the axe fx into logic and record video with quicktime. mix everything together in logic and then put the audio and video together in imovie.

i think this would actually be the best option

yes, with quicktime you can select the audio source you wish to record along with the video...but only one audio source at a time.

one solution would be to get an audio interface. you'd plug the axe fx and your microphone into that and then select the audio interface as the audio source in quicktime. this doesn't solve the logic drummer issue though, so the best option may be to try Jack. Jack is an audio router that allows you to pipe audio from any source inside or outside your mac and send it anywhere you like. including multiple sources or destinations
http://jackaudio.org

one solution would be to get an audiointerface. you'd plug the axe fx and your microphone in what is a good but not to much money on a tight budget

i don't know off the top of my head. you can research that yourself

i'm not sure you need one. you'd need to make an aggregate device in the mac out of the axefx and the mac audio in (is that where you have your mic connected?). then select that aggregate device in logic as the audio input and record on separate tracks. mix it all together and then drop into imovie with the video.

what you're looking to do isn't particularly simple, or easy, but it's do-able with a little bit of research and patience. once you have it all set up, it'll be ready to go whenever you are

What are the steps by steps to do this on the Mac Please exaplain instead of getting a audio interface I am in my late 40’s how to make a create a

you'd need tomake an aggregate device in the mac out ofthe axefx and the mac audio in (is that whereyou have your mic connected?).

Back
Top Bottom