Who posted Satriani ~ Light Years Away clip? Few months back.

mwd

Power User
A few months ago someone posted a delicious clip of their rendition of Joe Satriani's Light Years Away.

I've been looking for quite a while but can find it via search.

Hoping they will come forward or someone remembers. Thanks.

A few months ago someone posted a delicious clip of their rendition of Joe Satriani's Light Years Away.

I've been looking for quite a while but can find it via search.

Hoping they will come forward or someone remembers. Thanks.

I'm not sure if it's the one you are looking for but I posted a clip of Light Years Away a few months back ( I believe as a test clip for FW18 ). It was just the first 40 seconds of the song but I ended up deleting it after I made some patches which blew away the patch used in the clip. Not sure if I still have the Cubase project or not.

vairish I bet that was the clip. It wasn't the whole song I remember it being for a firmware revision. At any rate I loved it. Never heard that song before. Bought it and listen constantly.

That was my reason for asking about it too. The patch. Would love to either have a copy of that preset or know how it was constructed.

Also to ask if you were playing to a backing track and if so where you got it. Can't remember if it was just guitar. Thanks. Nice work.

vairish I bet that was the clip. It wasn't the whole song I remember it being for a firmware revision. At any rate I loved it. Never heard that song before. Bought it and listen constantly.

That was my reason for asking about it too. The patch. Would love to either have a copy of that preset or know how it was constructed.

Also to ask if you were playing to a backing track and if so where you got it. Can't remember if it was just guitar. Thanks. Nice work.

Thanks man.

I had to program the backing track since I couldn't find any out there, it's not complete but it wouldn't take me long to finish it if I still have the Cubase file.

The patch was fairly simple: Drive block with the T808 MOD model selected -> Friedman HBE amp model -> cab block -> filter block to provide a little hi-cut -> a little reverb and delay. Can't remember the impulse I used off hand but I think it was a Red Wire Marshall 4x12 impulse. I'll check when I've got my rig back up and running.

Reactions: mwd
Back
Top Bottom