Who listens to music with their Axe-Fx?

mcmurray

Inspired
One thing that's blown me away with the III is the quality of the DAC and headphone amplifier. This thing drives my Sennheiser HD-650s better than anything else I've tried, and often get swept away for hours just listening.

One could easily spend the same amount on a headphone amp/dac that won't sound as good.

Anyone else use theirs for headphone listening? Which headphones do you use?

One thing that's blown me away with the III is the quality of the DAC and headphone amplifier. This thing drives my Sennheiser HD-650s better than anything else I've tried, and often get swept away for hours just listening.

One could easily spend the same amount on a headphone amp/dac that won't sound as good.

Anyone else use theirs for headphone listening? Which headphones do you use?
Agreed, I also have hd650 and 800, superb thru the III

Last edited:
When I’m using it as an audio interface and want to play something I do, but it’s not my always on interface.

I can’t say I hear a difference either, BUT, I’m usually listening to YouTube, mp3’s Etc, so probably the weak link in the chain lol

Agreed !!

because i am limited to Volume scenario`s ,(wife) etc.,I spend much of the time with my BOSE ,, or IEM`s on.

All the time for rehearsing after 9PM or listening but I also use it with a FiiO E17K ALPEN 2 DAC/Amp listening with JH Audio Roxannes or Oppo PM-3's.

There are 300B tube amplifiers, both for headphones and for speakers, in the $100,000 ~ $500,000 range.

Insert a Tube Pre amp block, select the 300B as power tube and VOILA! the value of your Axe-FX is skyrocketing even more.

I avoid listening through the headphone out on the axefx iii.

Because it sounds better than my other headphone outs/amps. Occasionally I plug directly in with a cable and use the headphone outs. I wish that I could always hear it that way but I have other monitoring needs that make it impossible.

There are 300B tube amplifiers, both for headphones and for speakers, in the $100,000 ~ $500,000 range.

Insert a Tube Pre amp block, select the 300B as power tube and VOILA! the value of your Axe-FX is skyrocketing even more.

Will try this :)

Back
Top Bottom