Who is using dephase?

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I am wondering if dephase is a use your ears kind of setting tool. I have always used a big rig which consists of a VHT 2/90/2 and four chrome KRANK 4x12 cabs. It kicks butt! I made some IRs of th KRANKS powered by the VHT and now with dephase at 4 or 5 it sounds almost identical to my rig. I am so close to being FRFR and maybe trying a gig that way. Is there a rule of thumb with the dephase or just use enough to sound like amp in the room which is what I am currently getting?

THANKS!

Absolutely. Personally I haven't found a use for it yet- all my IRs sound fantastic, and every time I've tried to employ it I find I'm happier with the "un-dephased" version. YMMV

I am wondering if dephase is a use your ears kind of setting tool.
Everything in the Axe is a use-your-ears kind of thing.

I made some IRs of th KRANKS powered by the VHT and now with dephase at 4 or 5 it sounds almost identical to my rig. I am so close to being FRFR and maybe trying a gig that way.
Sounds like you've found settings that work for you with your gear. Everyone should have such problems. :)

yeah! tried it out yesterday.. I had this patch dialed in and it needed something.. Turned the de-phase up to 6.something and bam I had them real cab feels!

I love the De-Phase feature. I use it sparingly though, usually below the 5 mark, as I still like to incorporate some phase-iness to the IR's. I do feel I use it a little more if I have stereo cabs happening. It's a great feature and super useful. Can't wait for it to be incorporated in Cab-Lab!

I dunno, I tried applying it to my Ownhammer multi-speaker collection presets and wasn't terribly fond of what came out of the studio monitors. I've been toying with a gentle application, around 2, but I'm not even sure about that. At this point I'm not sure if it's just a bad fit for those cabs or if I'm just used to listening to quality IRs directly.

I haven't used it too much since I normally play through a cab, but the few times I tried it I liked what I heard!

I usually can't stand direct sounds, but the De-phase seems to remove some of that annoying smooth, fuzzy, upper-mid/highs thing that is always present in direct sounds.

On half of my presets I like what it does a lot, on 1/4 of my presets it helps a little, The other 1/4 doesn't need or benefit from it. I have noticed that on a few presets just changing it one notch can put it in the sweet spot and on others, being in the ballpark is all that's needed.

Back
Top Bottom