Who here uses real pedals along with their AxeFX?

Some very interesting applications here everyone, very cool. I can definitely see using things like wahs because you prefer the feel under your foot, or pedals and loopers to free up space on your MIDI controller. I never thought about that!

How many of you have tried Tone Matching some of these pedals like the Klon or other drives? Or recreate your delays and 'verbs in the Axe?

Just a TC Poly Tuner for me.
But my effects have always been pretty meat and potato, however I do take advantage of the routing features of the Axe Fx.
Also not opposed to using pedals.

John

Strymon Lex and Mutron BiPhase. When FAS reworks the rotary and phaser blocks, I'll retire both of those devices. But until then, I just can't reproduce the Lex's perfect Leslie sound, and the I can't get the phaser to produce that toothy analog BiPhase sound.

Have you tried the new rotary block yet? If so, how would you compare it to the Lex?

Have you tried the new rotary block yet? If so, how would you compare it to the Lex?
I haven't yet done a comparison. As soon as I get back home and can spend some time in the mad scientist lab I'll do exactly that. Based on what I've heard from Maestro Yek, the newly redesigned rotary block is very good. I'm eager to hear it for direct A/B against the Lex.

just got a new klon ktr and threw it in front of the axe 2. sounded great. not sure it was necessary, but it sounded cool.

Origin SlideRIG
Farmer's Mill
Bumble Buzz
Tanaka Dum+Zen Twin Custom
Versa Vibe
Ethos Overdrive
Tortuga Dirty Martini
Strymon Deco

Some very original pedals I haven't heard of. I have looked those up on Youtube. I Like the Tortuga chorus and the Bumble Buzz. How did you run into all these pedals and what music do you play?

Some very original pedals I haven't heard of. I have looked those up on Youtube. I Like the Tortuga chorus and the Bumble Buzz. How did you run into all these pedals and what music do you play?

It was a long trip to this reduced group. I still have many more, but the AxeFx changed everything. Now I use them to color recordings or when I play with a real amp. I play mostly blues and slide...

I use a Catalinbread Echorec pedal in the Effects Loop because there are no patches I know of which capture the 4-head sound of the Echorec. Additionally I use an Ernie Ball Volume Pedal and a Pigtronix Class A Boost directly between guitar and the Axe. Sometimes I will also go from my Fractal Axe outputs directly to a Boomerang Looper and then to the Amp. None of these "additions" result in any loss of sonic quality. In fact, the Pigtronix Class A boost prior to the Fractal Axe is a trick Dweezil Zappa uses and I believe creates a beautiful blossoming of the Axe sound.

I use a JD Screamer True Vintage Overdrive in front of the Axe FX 2 XL+ because no other overdrive ive tried including those in the axe fx 2 comes close to the pure organic tone of it. Absolutely spectatular at just being an overdrive, aswell as amazing at boosting higher gain amps because it doesn't stuff with the tone. check it out. http://jdanalog.webs.com/ Also there is a Dual Channel Version aswell. axe fx 2 XL+ and CLR Wedge (480x640).jpg image1 (640x480).jpg

Still using a modded CE3, OCD, RC Boost & Analogman TS808 through a GCX - hopefully the G3 upgrades in FW19 will allow me to leave this lot at home!

Back
Top Bottom