Who here got rid of ALL of their pedals for Axe-Fx?

Got rid of allmy pedals, then bought a Boomerang III looper, 'cause neither the Ultra nor the II looper functions were good enough. A pity - I'd MUCH prefer not to have the rang and do it all in the AXE II, but, frankly, the looper has been and, even with FW upgrades, continues to be on the primitive side. I also have a Lexicon PCM-70 in my rack that I can't give up because of ONE sound that I use in many, many patches, for guitar, viola and vocals. If someone could come close enough with the AXE, I'd gratefully get all that weight and delicacy out of my rack. I did post it up about 5 years ago - no takers. maybe I'll try again. I am not a good enough tweaker to do it myself. It's called 'Psycho Echoes', a standard PCM-70 preset, I believe it's something like a 10 tap multi-tap delay with what sounds like lots of flanging. LOVE that sound!

I'd also add that although I did get rid of my Big Muff PI, I've never been completely satisfied with Muff sounds on the AXE. Interestingly, my old Sansamp PSA-1 came VERY close to the classic 'violin-like' singing tone of the pi. Does this mean that gadolinium transistors are harder to model than tubes? :)

Oh crap, I forgot: stillhave my Dunlop volume/Wah on the floor, but I hope to get rid of it with my new Mission switching expression pedal - just haven't programmed it yet.
I agree the pi in the axe is not very good IMHO. I would like to see a lot of the the drive pedals get an overhaul, just like the amp modeling has many times over. There are a few that sound great but I think some are not accurate in comparison to the actual pedal. The zen drive for instance is lacking compared to the pedal and that's the one I was really looking forward to having in the axe.

Just sold my Mesa Recoverb this week; the last piece of my old rig. I sold all my rack gear and small collection of pedals over a year ago to finance the Axe Fx. Took me a while to build up the courage to sell my actual amp. The one pedal that I actually do miss is a G-Tod overdrive that I had. Not so much in that way that I can't replicate the tone (though, it did sound awesome); I just liked the pedal itself for some reason. If I ever have enough extra money, I'll probably buy another one and stick it in the Axe's loop just for the heck of it.

Here's a reason why I'm thinking of getting rid of ALL of my pedals to purchase Axe-Fx II:
1) Money;
2) No Dependency (crutch) on pedals;
3) Commitment to learning Axe-Fx II;
4) Commitment to simplicity with gear; and
5) Other reasons.

So, who here exclusively uses Axe-Fx, and got rid of all pedals? This is my current pedal board I'm willing to part with. Or, should I hold on to them?

PB-2012.jpg

6) Just sick of carrying equipment around and spending time related to GAS. I kicked out everything. Just guitars, an axe II one keyboard amp and small FOH that's it. I don't even look for other equipment anymore and more and more spend time playing (if not working...or.....)

I sold everything. If you don't absolutely need the money I would hold on to your gear. This is only due to the state of the economy.

I sold all of mine except a couple of distortion pedals in case I purchase a small clean amp to use with my existing cab. Haven't touched them since buying the AXEFX

Well... I sold everything that I use to actually use as my former rig. I still have 3 wahs and 6 DS-1's, and three 'big box' style micro synths all for modifying.

Sold all mine mostly cos I never really used them, couldn't sell my amps though. I'm just not a pedal guy so I don't use them in the axe either, much prefer amp distortion.

i haven't sold them, but i don't use them. I should really sell them... i'm so lazy... maybe if the axefx would sell them for me I'd do it. Cliff? Is there an Ebay parameter in 9?

I still have all my pedals, one tube head, and a 2x12 cab, but all of the pedals are boxes in the closet, and the head and cab are not even plugged in. I cannot remember the last time I actually used any of it. I've been planning to sell everything but the cab for the longest time... Guess I should get on that! :)

Back
Top Bottom